62s geocache symbol change?

MtnShasta

I have a Garmin 62s and would like to change the default geocache 'Traditional Cache' symbol to a closed treasure chest symbol. Does anyone know if this can be done, and if so how?

Ahhh ... I thought the default geocache 'Traditional Cache' symbol WAS a closed treasure chest? I must be missing something?

The feature CustomSymbols is your friend.

1. Create a bmp file matching the given specifications.

2. Name the file "Traditional Geocache" (without quotes)

3. Save the file into the folder "CustomSymbols" (without quotes).

4. Have fun.

Hans

Thanks Hans. I have been trying that approach but using 'Traditional Cache' without success. 'Traditional Geocache' also does not work. I'm thinking that your procedure you noted is for replacing or adding symbols into the waypoint symbol set and not for replacing the default geocache symbol.

Bill M

[...]I'm thinking that your procedure you noted is for replacing or adding symbols into the waypoint symbol set and not for replacing the default geocache symbol.

Bill M

That's wrong. Please reread my post and follow the given link. CustomSymbols are for Waypoints, Geocaches and even for Pois from the Maps.

My guess is that either your path to the images is wrong or the bmp files don't match the propper colour depth.

Hans

[...]I'm thinking that your procedure you noted is for replacing or adding symbols into the waypoint symbol set and not for replacing the default geocache symbol.

Bill M

That's wrong. Please reread my post and follow the given link. CustomSymbols are for Waypoints, Geocaches and even for Pois from the Maps.

My guess is that either your path to the images is wrong or the bmp files don't match the propper colour depth.

Hans

Thanks Hans! You were right! The 24bit format requirement was where I went wrong. I now have what I want. Your the greatest.