mamoreb's first international cointest

mamoreb

Hi,

I have enjoyed taking part in and even winning a couple of cointests in this forum. It is time for me to pay it back. I have run a few cointests in the Norwegian forum, but never here. I have spent some time wondering what kind of cointest I should run ... finally I have come up with a kind of meta cointest. I am mainly looking for you to be creative, but If I can inspire more cointests in this forum, I'll be very pleased.

Question: If you were to run a cointest, what would the task be?

You are allowed one entry per week between today and March 9th (max 3 entries if you start now). To separate entries from comments, please start your entries as follows:

mamoreb's post WEEK 1:

The winner of the cointest will be drawn me, by use of a random number generator.

No one is obliged to actually run the cointest that they propose. The point is just to get a pool of ideas from more creative minds than mine. :)

The winner gets to pick any geocoin from my trading list (see signature). *I might do a couple of trades between today and March 9th, causing the trading list to change very slightly. The trading list at the time of the announcement of the winner is the one that the winner will choose from.

If I need to determine any other rules, I'm entitled to. :)

Droo Week 1: Must take a selfie while playing Twister with at least one other person. Winner will be chosen based on picture quality and contortion of self whilst taking the photo. Contestant must be clearly seen to be the one taking the picture (no outside help).

Week 1 Entry: Cointest - Be 1 in 100 = You must Find, Log & Add a Photo for 100 Geocoins.

Reason for Cointest: It seems your lucky if you ever have a Geocacher add a Photo to their Log when they Discover or Move your Trackable. In 100 Logs your lucky if you find 1 Picture so I would like to inspire Geocachers to add some. :laughing: Someday I hope to do this Cointest but before I do I want to have a really good prize for the winner. :grin:

kini_ont week 1; Thank you the cointest first and foremost! I've always felt that it should be a cointest that interests the contest runner, in my case at the present moment it's the Olympics and Hockey (which has a international flavour as well :D )

edited to add week 1

Edited by kini_ont

There are quite a few interesting topics for a cointest to choose from. Now we all can run one, as we all have a treasure trove of ideas here...

I liked the one with the postcards, which was run a few month back.

My entry for week 1:

Describe, how you got started with geocaching, did someone take you along, did your hear about it in the media, what and who did get you into the hobby.

And which cache was your first attempt? Did you find it?

SgtMikal's entry for week 1:

Post your favorite Bacon recipe. At close of cointest, all entrants receive 3 votes to give for their favorites (3 points for a 1st place vote, 2 points for a 2nd place vote, and 1 point for a 3rd place vote). After all votes are tallied, the person who posted the recipe that received the most votes wins.

PS...Thanx for the cointest!!

Week 2 Entry: Cointest - Head In The Clouds = You must take a Photo of your GPS showing your current Elevation with a Geocoin next to it. After 3 Months - Top 8 Highest Elevations Win, 1 for Best View & 1 for Most Unique!

* No Planes, Hot Air Balloons, or Helicopters Allowed. ** Special Exceptions made for UFOs & Zeppelins due to their Obvious difficulty. :laughing:

Reason for Cointest: My Mother is always saying "Get your head out of the clouds and just make your own geocoins!" since I am always rambling on about Trackables I would like to make or a cool Icon I would like to see. :yikes: This will keep me distracted, for a while any way. :anicute:

Marie!!!! :D how are you my friend? :) thank you for the great cointest!

so.. shall I go into something difficult that needs a lot of time to spend to prepare and a lot of time to finish and win? ;) I was inspired by an old similar cointest.. that I liked a lot! I have to admit that it was way too difficult... but we can fix that... ;)

Gatoulis entry, week1:

the cointest will take about a month! well.. it is not a sort one but..I think it will be quite interesting..

the cointest will have 4 stages! in every stage the participants will have to find 3 things...after a big search!

I will make you understand my thought with an example... ok? I hope it is ok to use you are the cointest maker.. ok? :)

for Stage one:... so far you found 1523 caches... you will choose 3 caches you liked... (if you have many photos in your gallery.. you can choose photos.. just in case you do not have many cache finds), and these will be stage one! to find which ones you choosed!

you can give one clue for cache (or photo) but not a huge hint so the participants will start searching!

you can even post a photo of the cache... that you have not posted it in your gallery... and they have to find the name of the cache!

the answers will be sent to you via pm... and the first 12 participants that will have all 3 collect will continue into stage 2. you can only tell them if they have a mistake or they are correct.. but you can not tell them where they made the mistake!!!

stage one will be open for one week...

stage 2... the 12 lucky participants will have to find 3 new things... and stage will be a little more difficult! here will be about geography, history ect of Norway.. your country... you will select 3 places you love, or they are very historic and.. there are info in the net about them! :laughing:

again only one clue per place.. and you will ask to find the places! the clues can be history but not will many details, or even e photo from google!

the same rules for answers as stage one but here... only the first 6 who will have correct answers will continue!

again stage 2 will be open for a week!

stage 3: hhmm... what to put here for searching...??? well.. to find 3 photos that you have already chosen.. that is in the gallery of other geocachers!!! this is very difficult for the lucky 6 to find...

they will have to find the name of the cache the photo was, the cacher who took it and the date he/she took it!

since it will be very difficult.. the clue (one for each again!) can be a litle bigger.. but.... what about to be in a puzzle? for example.. someone found the cache in the butterfly valley in rhodes.. so the puzzle can be...something like... in the land of one of the 7 wonders... take the path in the valley but keep your voice down... so you will not scare the beautiful flying insects who like there... (something like that..)

again as stage 1&2... for the answers.. (with pm and you will not say if they are wrong in somewhere.. where the wrong is! only that they are not correct in one...), this will stay open for one week and only the first 3 will continue!

the last 3 will have the final stage and the quicker will be the big winner! what to ask them? it is up to you... maybe something about geocoins... choose one you have and it is your favorite.. or one that you want to find one day... (ok.. not the obvious... the moun10bike! hahahahaha).

you can gine only one clue.. and the next day an other... but huge clues.. but helpful... maybe a small part of the geocoin's photo... ;)

the first who will find it is the winner! I believe that to keep participants interested.. you can put a big price.. or 2 geocoins... or.. one geocoin for the first winner and other prizes for the 2nd and 3rd winner... like.. a TB, a pathtag...

in case you want geocachers to create small groups to help eachother... it is very good! but it is up to you about the prize.. if it will be like highlander... (there can be only one for the prize... :laughing: ) or to put a prize for all..

in case of small participation in stages... give a second clue.. in case that the list in the stages of the ones who answered correct will be filled before the end time.. you can continue to the next stage!

in case of small participation generally... make the game smaller.. by takeing a stage out.. or instead of 3 things to find.. to search for 2 or only 1 for each stage..

it will be good to tell the answers in the end of the cointest so others who tried to see... ;)

hmm... I have the feeling that I made a huge post with a whole cointest! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SgtMikal's Week 2 Entry:

2 coins would be up for grabs for this cointest. Pick a number between 1 and 50 (only one entry per person, and each number may only be used by one person). Write a short statement/story/essay explaining why that number is the best number of the bunch. Best story wins a coin. In addition, a random number generator will be used to select another number. Whoever had that number will win the other coin.

Gatoulis entry week 2:

Fifa world cup cointest!

the Mundial is the world cup for national teams in football (soccer)! 32 teams will be in Brazil and the turnament will start on June!

the cointest now...

you will see the 32 teams and you will gine them a number! (it will be random so none will know,!!!) then you will ask to say a number from... 1 to 32..as example.. so.. the first 32 who will post and give a number that is not already taken... will participate! the number the participans said will show the team he will have! some will be lucky.. some not!!!

the 32 teams are from all over the world... and they are seperated into 8 groups of 4 teams in each one!

only 2 teams will continue!

now... if a team wins a game.. it takes 3 points.. if it ends equal (like 0-0, 1-1..) it take 1 point and if it loses... no points for that! :)

so... for every 3 points the team you took will win.. you get one entry for the final drawing for the winner!

in case your team will not earn enough points to get at least an entry.... a honorable 1 entry will be given to you!

in the second phase.. only the 2 first of each group will continue... so the 16 lucky participants who will continue.. will win as a congratulation bonus one entry each!

then at the phase of 16, the game will be known already according to the place your team had in the group.. and in which group was! for example... first of group A will play with the second of group C ....

that will continue until the final....

the winner teams will continue... so we will have 8 teams left... 4 teams left (semi finals) and the big final and small final (for places 3 and 4)!

in every phase.. the winners will get as bonus one extra entry!

in the small final... the team that will win the 3rd place in the world... will get the normal one extra entry

about the final... I was thinking the cointest to have 2 winners.. one that will have the world champion team and the other will be from the drawing (with the entries!). the world champion as an already winner will stay out of the drawing...

the loser team since it got until the end... will get a bonus of 2 extra entries! so... after a drawing... the winner of the second coin will be out!

I have faced situations when participants had 10 entries and others only 1 and the winner was the one with the 1... so.. ;)

in case you want only one coin as a price.. you can give a small price for the world champion.. like a pathtag or a TB... etc.... but he will participate in the drawing with a bonus of 3 extra entries as a winner of the turnament!

in case again you can only have one geocoin as a price.. you can leave out the drawing and the points.. and only the lucky guy who had the winner team will win! but I believe that with the drawing everyone has a chance and the whole cointest will be more interesting! ;)

hmm... ok... I now have a week to think my next crazy idea for cointest! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kini_ont entry week 2;

A cointest that has everyone guessing how many geocoins I have.

Now this would be a great cointest cause even I don't know :blink: I use too but not anymore so this would make me get all those boxes out and inventory them, of course it would also scary me to think of the $$'s I've spent on this addiction :ph34r: (there I said it "addiction") :unsure:

Week #3

NBA Finals Games Cointest

Two teams play each other for the championship.

Before the playoff games begin,

Pick a # from 0 thru 9 , that is your # for every game played.

Match your # with the last # of either teams final score for each game played in the playoff.

1 entry in random drawing for each correct match.

Edited by runninbear1

Week 3 Entry: Cointest - Geocoins Are Kids Play! = Make a Geocoin out of Play-Doh, Modeling Clay or Polymer Clay. :yikes: The Winning Categories would be: Best Shaped - Best Design - Funniest - Geocaching Related & Voters Choice.

Reason: Most of us would love to make a Geocoin but lack the funds. This is a cheap and fun way to try and express a design we would like to make. It's also a good winter activity and fun to use it as a proxy if you use the kind you can bake. :anitongue:

Gatoulis entry week 3

While I was walking on a beach I saw something that was half burried in the sand! I digged it out and found that it was a very old oil lamp... who knows how long it was burried in the sand or under water....

while I was trying to clean it... a jinn came out like a smoke.... and told me... just because you free me.. I will give you 1 wish!

I said... hey I thought I had 3 wishes!!! but he insisted for only one! "3 wishes? that's only in the movies" he said! :huh:

anyway... since I had only one wish I had to be very careful but before I say anything he said...

"choose wise... what you will wish can not be taken back! this may change your life for ever... to better or worse! I am not responsible for any result and if you be unhappy.. you will take what you wished for! and... ok.. I know that all humans want global peace, a lot of money, to be healthy, to live for ever........ think wise... what you really want! global peace... I have lived for 5000 years and all the time you humans were fighting eachother! even if you wish global peace.. it is not in your blood!"

I was socked! I have never heard something like that before! it was such a straight talk and freezed my blood!

anyway... I asked him.. but what about money? health? eternity? love?

oh boy... why I have asked? once again I had a straight answer...

" Money.... you want money? you want gold? I can give that to you... but these things can bring you more problems... are you ready to lose something bigger like safety, happiness etc.. for some gold?

Health... that is ok... but eternity.... so as all people you want to live for ever.. I suppose you want to stay young for ever too? ok.. but are you ready for what will happen in the next years? when you will see all your friends, family etc.. dying? are you ready to see your children and the children of your children to grow old and die? one day you will be left alone.... are you ready for this??

Love.. a beautiful feeling... but...I can not interfere in the case of the heart.. what can I do? make someone love you even if he or she doesn't feel that way?"

All these made me think a lot.. I do not know what to choose.. what to do... what to wish... I have to make a wise choise and not do or ask something stupid...

so I am asking you to help me... what would YOU... ask as a wish from the Jinn???? ;)

hahahahaha is that good for a cointest? ;)

thank you Marie for the fun! :) good luck to everyone and if someone find my ideas nice... he/she can use them!! :)

Gatoulis entry week 3

While I was walking on a beach I saw something that was half burried in the sand! I digged it out and found that it was a very old oil lamp... who knows how long it was burried in the sand or under water....

while I was trying to clean it... a jinn came out like a smoke.... and told me... just because you free me.. I will give you 1 wish!

I said... hey I thought I had 3 wishes!!! but he insisted for only one! "3 wishes? that's only in the movies" he said! :huh:

anyway... since I had only one wish I had to be very careful but before I say anything he said...

"choose wise... what you will wish can not be taken back! this may change your life for ever... to better or worse! I am not responsible for any result and if you be unhappy.. you will take what you wished for! and... ok.. I know that all humans want global peace, a lot of money, to be healthy, to live for ever........ think wise... what you really want! global peace... I have lived for 5000 years and all the time you humans were fighting eachother! even if you wish global peace.. it is not in your blood!"

I was socked! I have never heard something like that before! it was such a straight talk and freezed my blood!

anyway... I asked him.. but what about money? health? eternity? love?

oh boy... why I have asked? once again I had a straight answer...

" Money.... you want money? you want gold? I can give that to you... but these things can bring you more problems... are you ready to lose something bigger like safety, happiness etc.. for some gold?

Health... that is ok... but eternity.... so as all people you want to live for ever.. I suppose you want to stay young for ever too? ok.. but are you ready for what will happen in the next years? when you will see all your friends, family etc.. dying? are you ready to see your children and the children of your children to grow old and die? one day you will be left alone.... are you ready for this??

Love.. a beautiful feeling... but...I can not interfere in the case of the heart.. what can I do? make someone love you even if he or she doesn't feel that way?"

All these made me think a lot.. I do not know what to choose.. what to do... what to wish... I have to make a wise choise and not do or ask something stupid...

so I am asking you to help me... what would YOU... ask as a wish from the Jinn???? ;)

hahahahaha is that good for a cointest? ;)

thank you Marie for the fun! :) good luck to everyone and if someone find my ideas nice... he/she can use them!! :)

Well done Gatoulis :D

I love this. :wub:

Soooooo.... The entries have been collected! Any protests are due in 8 hours from now. After that, the draw will take place!

1 DragonsWest Week 1 You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with...A Herring!

2 Droo Week 1 Must take a selfie while playing Twister with at least one other person. Winner will be chosen based on picture quality and contortion of self whilst taking the photo. Contestant must be clearly seen to be the one taking the picture (no outside help).

3 TeamEccs21 Week 1 Stanley Cup Winner

4 Moozer Week 1 You must mimic the design of the coin you want to win

5 runninbear1 Week 1 A short paragraph describing the first time you found a geocoin, and which coin it was, while out caching.

6 McKenzie~Binns Week 1 Entry Cointest - Be 1 in 100 = You must Find, Log & Add a Photo for 100 Geocoins.

7 drneal's week 1 describe your most unique experience while finding a geocache...mine would be reaching into a nice warm pile of bear poo at the foot of a tree (yes, they really do go in the woods,) to grab a bison tube lurking underneath

8 kini_ont week 1 Thank you the cointest first and foremost! I've always felt that it should be a cointest that interests the contest runner, in my case at the present moment it's the Olympics and Hockey (which has a international flavour as well :D )

9 Toojin Week 1 What is the weirdest and/or most embarrassing thing in your caching bag?

10 steben6's week 1 Describe your most interesting encounter with law enforcement whilst geocaching!

11 Six Little Spookies week 1 what is your favorite Geocoin feature and why?

12 Elipirelli week 1 Describe, how you got started with geocaching, did someone take you along, did your hear about it in the media, what and who did get you into the hobby. And which cache was your first attempt? Did you find it?

13 sgtmikal week 1 Post your favorite Bacon recipe. At close of cointest, all entrants receive 3 votes to give for their favorites (3 points for a 1st place vote, 2 points for a 2nd place vote, and 1 point for a 3rd place vote). After all votes are tallied, the person who posted the recipe that received the most votes wins.

14 yanagi week 1 if you made a mystery coin, how would it look like?

15 Where'sMyMarbles post WEEK 1 How do you feel about gemstones on geocoins? Do you LOVE them? Do you think they fall out too often? Worth the price?

16 Geocharmer81 week 1 Describe the scariest/spookiest place you've searched for a cache.

17 Seekerfamily Week #1 Other than geocaching I really like to fish. So would run a cointest based on fishing. Show us a pic of your best catch or how guess how many fish we caught on our last fishing trip? We love McKenzie Binns idea of 1 in 100 to encourage pics of geocoins.

18 Bartians Week 1 What is the most you've paid for a coin, and what was the coin?

19 SgtMikal Week #2 How about a Stanley Cup Playoff bracket, along the lines of March Madness for college basketball?

20 runningbear week 2 Week 2..... A short paragraph describing your first geocoin trade and if you still have that coin or not.

21 TeamEccs21 Week 2 What was the first Geocoin you found or discovered?

22 geocharmer81 WEEK 2 If you were able to cache anywhere in the world, where would you go???

23 McKenzie~Binns Week 2 Entry Cointest - Head In The Clouds = You must take a Photo of your GPS showing your current Elevation with a Geocoin next to it. After 3 Months - Top 8 Highest Elevations Win, 1 for Best View & 1 for Most Unique!

24 Gatoulis entry, week1 (too long to copy here!! :))

25 tschakko week 2 I would ask the members of this forum to post Pictures of them caching with their pets or having oictures taken of ther animals handeling a trackable :)

26 Six Little Spookies week 2 Take a photo of yourself (and others if needed) posed as a "live" version of one of your favorite geocoins. Points go to getting the poses just right, matching the colors, and whoever does IBCrashin's coin.

27 SgtMikal's Week 2 Entry 2 coins would be up for grabs for this cointest. Pick a number between 1 and 50 (only one entry per person, and each number may only be used by one person). Write a short statement/story/essay explaining why that number is the best number of the bunch. Best story wins a coin. In addition, a random number generator will be used to select another number. Whoever had that number will win the other coin.

28 Gatoulis entry week 2 Fifa world cup cointest!

29 kini_ont entry week 2 A cointest that has everyone guessing how many geocoins I have.

30 intrepid dyad WEEK 2 most logged geological location geocoins in area they represent. like state coins logged in caches in that state and country coins in the country. same for any coins based around parks or other area's like a mt. Everest coin logged in the cache at mt. Everest.

31 yanagi week 2 Tell your favorite joke!

32 drneal post week 2 describe how geocaching has added to your life

33 Bartians post week 2 Post a picture of your dog or favorite pet.

34 runninbear1 Week #3 NBA Finals Games Cointest

35 McKenzie~Binns Week 3 Entry Cointest - Geocoins Are Kids Play! = Make a Geocoin out of Play-Doh, Modeling Clay or Polymer Clay. :yikes

36 TeamEccs21 Week 3 Have you designed a Personal Coin and why

37 Yanagi week 3 Which coin should be designed, that wasn't so far?

38 geocharmer81 Week 3 If you could ask Groundspeak any question what would it be?

39 Bartians Week 3 Explain the meaning/story behind your geonickname.

40 kini_ont Week 3 What is Love?

41 Gatoulis entry week 3 so I am asking you to help me... what would YOU... ask as a wish from the Jinn???? ;)

42 Toojin week 3 If you ruled the world, what would you do first?