Awarding a Favorite After Logging?

Creaky Cactus

Go to the caches web page and click under favorite points for the option

I may embarrass myself by asking this but I've looked and can't find it. Where exactly do I click to get the option to award a favorite point? I've clicked on the little box that shows the already awarded points total and it opens to some stats but I don't see a link to award my own point.

Thanks for the help

I may embarrass myself by asking this but I've looked and can't find it. Where exactly do I click to get the option to award a favorite point? I've clicked on the little box that shows the already awarded points total and it opens to some stats but I don't see a link to award my own point.

Thanks for the help

Can Favorite Points be spent on any geocache?

Not exactly. You need to find a geocache in person and log your find on the website before awarding a Favorite to that geocache. To award a Favorite point, go to a geocache listing that you have logged as found; on the right side you'll be able to click "Add to your Favorites". We want geocachers to trust Favorites, and who better to gauge the quality of a geocache than someone who personally found it, and returned to tell the tale?

Link for reference:

Favorites

Thanks for the help

Can Favorite Points be spent on any geocache?

Not exactly. You need to find a geocache in person and log your find on the website before awarding a Favorite to that geocache. To award a Favorite point, go to a geocache listing that you have logged as found; on the right side you'll be able to click "Add to your Favorites". We want geocachers to trust Favorites, and who better to gauge the quality of a geocache than someone who personally found it, and returned to tell the tale?

Link for reference:

Favorites

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to be dense. I've read all that. I've already found and logged the cache. I just cant find where I click to "Add to your Favorites" on the cache's webpage.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to be dense. I've read all that. I've already found and logged the cache. I just cant find where I click to "Add to your Favorites" on the cache's webpage.

Not a problem. If you click on the banner that displays the Favorites for the Listing, a pulldown menu will appear that gives you the option to "Add to your Favorites". You'll see the Favorite count index up one tick when you do that.

Thanks for giving a Favorite. I will sometimes run a search for most Favorited caches when I travel, and it's helpful to know what others have awarded without having to read through the log entries.

I think I may have just figured out that the reason that I can't award any favorite points is because I don't have any to award. Since I have found 360 caches, I thot that would have translated to 36 points when I upgraded to premium membership. Is that right?

I think I may have just figured out that the reason that I can't award any favorite points is because I don't have any to award. Since I have found 360 caches, I thot that would have translated to 36 points when I upgraded to premium membership. Is that right?

Caching as a Basic Member 'Founds' count towards Favourite Points.

However...

IF you were a Premium Member, let it lapse, then rejoined as a Premium Member, the finds when lapsed don't count.

However...

IF you were a Premium Member, let it lapse, then rejoined as a Premium Member, the finds when lapsed don't count.

I saw that. I had about 350 logged finds as a basic member and just upgraded yesterday so don't know what is happening.

However...

I saw that. I had about 350 logged finds as a basic member and just upgraded yesterday so don't know what is happening.

Is this the first time that you have had Premium Membership? Or were you PM previously, let it lapse, then re-purchased the PM?

If this is the first time you've purchased PM membership, it might take a while for the system to catch up to you. If it doesn't, then you should contact Groundspeak for help.

Who can earn Favorite Points?

Only Premium Members earn Favorite Points. They get one point just for being a Premium Member, then further points by logging geocaching finds, at the rate of 1 Favorite Point per 10 finds.

If I purchase a Premium Membership later, will I be awarded Favorite Points for the geocaches I found when I was a Basic Member?

Yes - for first-time subscriptions! If you upgrade to Premium Membership we will add up your past geocaching finds and award Favorite Points accordingly. From there you can visit the geocache pages you found while still a Basic Member and "spend" the Favorite Points on the best ones.

However, if your subscription lapses for any reason, you will not be granted Favorite Points until you renew your Premium Membership. At which time the Favorite Points will start accruing again. You are only prorated Favorite Points the first time you subscribe.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

You may be right Pup, my profile now shows I have earned one favorite point, which I understand you get when you upgrade to a premium membership. I've contacted Groundspeak but haven't heard back yet.

Did you try the "Log out, log back in" trick? That fixes a lot of things and might work on this too.

You may be right Pup, my profile now shows I have earned one favorite point, which I understand you get when you upgrade to a premium membership. I've contacted Groundspeak but haven't heard back yet.

Did you try the "Log out, log back in" trick? That fixes a lot of things and might work on this too.

Tried it, didn't work.

But thanks for trying.

Give 'em a day or two, to look into things and get back to you...

You were right, they got 'round to it so now I have oodles of favorite points to bestow.

Thanks for all the help.