Downtown Atlanta / MARTA caching

Team Hugs

In a few weeks, I'll be leaving the frozen tundra of Michigan to head to Atlanta for four days at a conference at the Hyatt downtown. Of course, I'm trying to plan my caching activity during my "free time". :)

Obviously, I'll load my pocket query with Atlanta caches just before I head out, but I was hoping for some advice from the locals on areas I should target for my caching, or specific "must-see" caches.

Just a couple of constraints.

• No car. Shoe-leather and the MARTA will have to get me there.
  • Daytime will probably be spent at the conference ... mostly caching after 6pm.

I have a couple of contradictory goals. I'd love to get 20 caches to help qualify for a challenge back home. More importantly, though, is to find at least one a day ... the last day I'm there will finish off a full two years of finding at least one cache a day.

Any suggestions y'all have would be most appreciated. :)

I'm not Atlanta-based, but was there today and found The Buckhead Dragon (GC1875). While the cache itself isn't anything special, the presentation is inspirational. Unfortunately, it's north of downtown and not really close to MARTA, IIRC. There is an earth cache in one of the MARTA stations, I have on my wish list, but haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm not Atlanta-based, but was there today and found The Buckhead Dragon (GC1875). While the cache itself isn't anything special, the presentation is inspirational. Unfortunately, it's north of downtown and not really close to MARTA, IIRC. There is an earth cache in one of the MARTA stations, I have on my wish list, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Actually, GC1875 does appear to be pretty close to the Buckhead MARTA station. I followed the advice above and got on the Atlanta Area Geocachers Facebook group and posted my query there, and that was one of the caches they recommended. (And, after a bit of research, I think I know exactly where it is ...).

I'll also visit the MARTA earthcache (GC374V4) ... since it's the MARTA stop closest to my hotel, it'll be hard not to stop there :).

Of course, I'll take any other suggestions :).