flash animation insert

belette team

On 2/16/2014 at 10:45 PM, terratin said:

Think about the consequences for cachers if they have to deal with bloated up code in paperless gps units or additional downloads for smartphone users. Geocaching is an outdoor game, not a webdesign contest.

Yes l agree with part of the statement that 'geocaching is a outdoor game' but unfortunately it is nice to be able to look at a "colouring book"  for a cache page and not just a boring old "text book".

First impressions count, if l look at a page and it bores me theres a good chance (not always the case) that the cache may be where as when l first started in 2008 it was almost expected to be just text, so why not have a fun cache page. yes not everyone can do it but they are making it easier to as simple as just upload a image and keep it all in house that way but l dont understand why if we can upload something on say photobucket.com why shouldnt our pages be allowed to have nice gifs or animations on them

2 hours ago, CaptRoverman said:

Yes l agree with part of the statement that 'geocaching is a outdoor game' but unfortunately it is nice to be able to look at a "colouring book"  for a cache page and not just a boring old "text book".

First impressions count, if l look at a page and it bores me theres a good chance (not always the case) that the cache may be where as when l first started in 2008 it was almost expected to be just text, so why not have a fun cache page. yes not everyone can do it but they are making it easier to as simple as just upload a image and keep it all in house that way but l dont understand why if we can upload something on say photobucket.com why shouldnt our pages be allowed to have nice gifs or animations on them

If you do go to the trouble to have a "fun" cache page, then please think about "the consequences for cachers if they have to deal with bloated up code in paperless gps units or additional downloads for smartphone users". Make sure the essential information for your cache is at the beginning of the page, before the "fun" additions, where it will hopefully remain accessible to those who can't use your "coloring book" in the field.

11 hours ago, CaptRoverman said:

why not have a fun cache page ... why shouldnt our pages be allowed to have nice gifs or animations on them

In my opinion, because this is about using a GPSr or phone to find locations, not Myspace or a 1990s Geocities home page.

But then, I'm disappointed that my profile page can no longer have simple javascript to show/hide sections and maps like it used to, so I guess I'm a little inconsistent.