Geosphere?

You can also use it as a minI-GSAK to combine pocket queries, keep track of solved puzzles or challenges, add geocaching live search results, filter for the caches you want to find, and then export the results should you want to use a handheld.

It's display of cache pages is the best that I have found - I wouldn't do an earthcache or detailed letterbox without it.

It has a great bookmark (shortcut) feature. I use it mainly to link offline maps (such as Navigon, pocket earth, or Gaia GPS) to a cache. A press of a button and the coordinates are transferred to a routing, trail, topo, or terrain map.

Edited by geodarts

Thank you, I will have to bite the bullet and DL it. What about turn by turn? Someone has mentioned it supports it, that is what I would really like.

Geosphere does not have "native" turn by turn but it can use the bookmark (shortcut) function to link to any mapping or routing app that has an API that allows other apps to pass coordinates to it. I use Navigon for routing and send the cache coordinates to that app using a bookmark on the cache page. There are several routing apps that could similarly be used.

I have been using Geosphere for several months now and just realized I have not opened the GC app since I downloaded Geosphere. GREAT app.

Question for the group: I downloaded a .gpx file that has a trail "track" and I've put it in the same Group as the caches in that area but I can't seem to get the track points to show on the Geosphere map view. It is possible to load such a track and use it in Geosphere?

Thanks,

Stewj

As part of the beta tester team for Geosphere, I highly recommend it (and always have :) ). When I first got it, I never went back to the official app. It's flexible and advanced enough that updates don't need to be regularly released, and the developer Mark has been very good at making sure the app is solid. It's most definitely worth the cheaper $8.

That said, it does have a slightly higher learning curve, but once you grasp how it works (offline) with the API (online) integration, it's a godsend.

Hoping there's another big update coming soon.

As for track logging, I'd suggested it long ago, but there's been no confirmation whether or not it may become a future feature. So fingers crossed :)

The app forum is here. And there are a few of us who attempt to answer questions, support, and help where we can.