Statistics

NauticalTears

Quick question. I'm a statistics freak and didn't realize that I had logged a couple caches multiple items and threw off my numbers. In my statistics it says I have 98 Finds and 96 distinct. I don't see any repeats so I can't figure out where the extra two are coming from. Any suggestions ?

I'm at 98 finds, so welcome to the "just-under-100" club. I'm waiting for the time and clearing snow to find a special cache for #100.

It's strange that you can't spot any duplication - the find count is low enough that you can review it manually. Are there any flukey situations? (Lab caches, caches changing names, deletions, or any other odd ones you should chech more carefully? Duplicates that fall on different pages?) I guess you'll need one of stats programs mentioned.

Meaning? Those look different.

Meaning, she's logged both of those twice.

Second cache on the 26th and 31st Jan.

The log on the wrong date can be deleted.

First cache logged twice on the same day, 1st Feb, the second log on that says 'Updating trackable' could be changed to a Note log, or just deleted. (Logs can be edited after, to add TB info, rather than adding a Note log to the cache page)

Quick question. I'm a statistics freak and didn't realize that I had logged a couple caches multiple items and threw off my numbers. In my statistics it says I have 98 Finds and 96 distinct. I don't see any repeats so I can't figure out where the extra two are coming from. Any suggestions ?

I'm at 98 finds, so welcome to the "just-under-100" club. I'm waiting for the time and clearing snow to find a special cache for #100.

It's strange that you can't spot any duplication - the find count is low enough that you can review it manually. Are there any flukey situations? (Lab caches, caches changing names, deletions, or any other odd ones you should chech more carefully? Duplicates that fall on different pages?) I guess you'll need one of stats programs mentioned.

Thanks so much! I'm gonna go get #100 today thanks.

First cache logged twice on the same day, 1st Feb, the second log on that says 'Updating trackable' could be changed to a Note log, or just deleted. (Logs can be edited after, to add TB info, rather than adding a Note log to the cache page)

I tried your suggestion once after seeing you post this in another forum thread. I dropped two trackables by editing one of my prior logs on the cache. The TBs got onto the geocache's inventory list ok, but no drop log showed up in the trackables' history. I had to retrieve log them to get them back into my inventory, and then drop the trackables properly with a note. TB340NZ and TB569F3 I have never encountered that type of problem using the note/delete note method.