A friend has a problem that you may be able to help with...

bigbadbikerdan

A friend of mine who's fairly new to Geocaching brought this Geocoin to our Masonic Lodge meeting last night to show me. He picked it up earlier in the Fall thinking it was his first trackable. However, there is no trackable number or code on the coin. My guess is that it's some nice swag. But I just wanted to run it by some folks that know a little more than me first. Any help in identifying this coin would be greatly appreciated. Photos can be found at the following link...

Jerry's Pics...

Actually, it is a geocoin, but a non trackable.

As far as I know, trackable coins came later than 2005, but some of those coiners, who are longer with the game than me, might shed some light on this.

Coins from 2005 are pretty rare, so your friend should treasure it. (Well, I would anyway.)

If he'd rather have a trackable coin, he should check out the various shops which have quite a widespread variety of different coins for all tastes and interests.

Actually, it is a geocoin, but a non trackable.

As far as I know, trackable coins came later than 2005, but some of those coiners, who are longer with the game than me, might shed some light on this.

Coins from 2005 are pretty rare, so your friend should treasure it. (Well, I would anyway.)

If he'd rather have a trackable coin, he should check out the various shops which have quite a widespread variety of different coins for all tastes and interests.

It said in the first post that only 100 of those would be made but the coin was a very hot item. It looks like around 500 were produced after the huge demand. That coins thread started in the forum right here in 2005! An interesting read, see who ordered and the price!!! We have #464!

Check it out! :)

2005 South African Geocoin

Edited by JoenSue