How to download PQs from Ipad to Magellan explorist GC

To be honest I don't know if there is a way. AFAIK, there isn't a way to turn the port on the iPad into a USB port to connect your explorist to. I just picked up a explorist 110 from eBay for really cheap and it's just drag and drop when using a PC. I've been able to use the USB port on my windows tablet as well with no problem.

Does the Magellan GC connect to a computer as a mass storage device? That is, does it appear on a Windows computer like a disc drive when you connect it?

If so, then this should do it... http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=311111

Yes, it does. We have a Magellan GC and it shows up as a regular folder in windows. I think the OPs problem might be that ipad does not have a USB port to connect it to. One of the reasons I have held off buying an ipad.

t's not that "Apple likes to make things difficult" - fact is, they're largely successful because they make a lot of things very easy. They just left some things out (like USB hosting) that seem to take on huge importance if you happen to be one of the folks who wants that feature. By analogy, the best car I ever owned had no way to attach a trailer hitch. Was the best car for *me* at the time - but if you needed to tow a trailer it just wouldn't be the right car for you.

Anyhow, I posted a link earlier that pretty much details how to work around an iThing's lack of USB hosting. I'm happy to answer any specific auestions about it. Might be better to post the questions over in that thread, bump it to the top again, as the question seems to come up almost monthly.

t's not that "Apple likes to make things difficult" - fact is, they're largely successful because they make a lot of things very easy. They just left some things out (like USB hosting) that seem to take on huge importance if you happen to be one of the folks who wants that feature. By analogy, the best car I ever owned had no way to attach a trailer hitch. Was the best car for *me* at the time - but if you needed to tow a trailer it just wouldn't be the right car for you.

Anyhow, I posted a link earlier that pretty much details how to work around an iThing's lack of USB hosting. I'm happy to answer any specific auestions about it. Might be better to post the questions over in that thread, bump it to the top again, as the question seems to come up almost monthly.