Bergen

kaz56

Coming to Bergen 18th March, had some info before but lost it is there a facebook page or forum page please :D

Looks like you already had your trip but I'm looking for information about Bergen as well. I'm working on travel plans for a business trip in May to Rome and one of the best flight options has a 20 hour overnight layover in Bergen. I'd be arriving around 10:30AM and then would stay in airport hotel for an early 6:30AM flight to Rome. It looks like there are a few caches near the airport but with most of the day available I'd be more interested in exploring the sights a bit more, perhaps spending the afternoon and evening in Bergen before heading back to the airport.

Coming to Bergen 18th March, had some info before but lost it is there a facebook page or forum page please :D

Looks like you already had your trip but I'm looking for information about Bergen as well. I'm working on travel plans for a business trip in May to Rome and one of the best flight options has a 20 hour overnight layover in Bergen. I'd be arriving around 10:30AM and then would stay in airport hotel for an early 6:30AM flight to Rome. It looks like there are a few caches near the airport but with most of the day available I'd be more interested in exploring the sights a bit more, perhaps spending the afternoon and evening in Bergen before heading back to the airport.

I see this is an old post but it could be used as a reference for future trips.

From Flesland you can take the "Flybussen" (Airport Bus) to the city and get off at the last stop Radisson Blu Hotel Bryggen. From that area you can start the multi "Bergen byvandring" (GC2TZ04), that cache will take you around the city center, the information is both in Norwegian and English. You can also try my multi "Nordnes Rundt" (GC5JRW5) which will take you around the Nordnes peninsula, Nordnes is a very nice area with a beautiful park and lots of traditional wooden houses, this cache will also give you some suggestions of caches nearby each of the stages of the multi so that you get the most of the trip around the areas (sighseeing and caching).

If you prefer hiking, you can take the "Fløibanen" (cable car) up to Fløyen, this is a very popular trip for tourists but most of them stay nearby the cable car station and then go back down, I'll recommend you to take a little trip around the woods here. Some of the caches you should consider here are: "Cache me if you can #1" (GC57E1G), "Floyfjellet" (GCZYWC), "Julestri(l) 18 - Christmas tree home" (GC5H3V3), "Reven og bjørnen" (GC21GDK), "Fjell-hytten" (GC115XV)and "Skomakerdiket" (GC1P0B9). If you decide to walk up or down instead of taking the cable car and want a litt more challenging caches then you can try "Barkebillen - Den lille" (GC53R84) and the mystery "Cache me if you can #5" (GC5RF63). :)

Edited by Alex K.B.