UK Mega Event 2014

Been looking at the caches around this year's Mega and it appears it wouldn't be too hard to find seven cache types in a day (at least for those that haven't cached here already). There are a few virtuals not far off and the three obvious types making four. Then there is an Earthcache and a Letterbox a bit further afield (in opposite directions) making six. Add to this the Mega itself for seven. We already did seven in Spain. So now I'm wondering if there will be a Wherigo published nearby for the event? This would give some people the opportunity to go for 8 in a day :)

As far as I can see the closest webcam is in Edinburgh (where there are already three Wherigos) so for the adventurous cacher willing to endure the four hour round trip you could get NINE!

What's your record?

The most I've got is 8 :

Trad

Multi

Event

EarthCache

Virtual

Unknown

Letterbox

Wherigo

For the Geolympix in 2012 there was an 11 icons in a day opportunity (with the placing of a Cito and I believe a regular event alongside the Mega event), but recent discussions on the changes to the event guidelines suggest that might not be allowed any more.

The most I've got is 8 :

Trad

Multi

Event

EarthCache

Virtual

Unknown

Letterbox

Wherigo

For the Geolympix in 2012 there was an 11 icons in a day opportunity (with the placing of a Cito and I believe a regular event alongside the Mega event), but recent discussions on the changes to the event guidelines suggest that might not be allowed any more.

As far as I am aware there is nothing to stop three totally separate events in the same county on the same day by three different Geocachers. I know that event *stacking* is not allowed but what is to stop me hosting my CITO in the same county (department) as this year's Mega in France?

I haven't seen the new event guidelines BTW. Where are they posted?

Well done on your "8" by the way!

I have managed ten in one day, as have a number of cachers in the north east (of England). They were:

CITO

Earthcache

Letterbox

Multi

Trad

Unknown

Virtual

Webcam

Wherigo

Event

Admittedly, this was "a bit contrived" as it was a challenge day specifically to try and maximise the number of cache types found in one day and started with a CITO at Sedgefield and finished with an event at Durham with a trip as far as North and West Yorkshire in between! :unsure:

The most I've got is 8 :

Trad

Multi

Event

EarthCache

Virtual

Unknown

Letterbox

Wherigo

As far as I am aware there is nothing to stop three totally separate events in the same county on the same day by three different Geocachers. I know that event *stacking* is not allowed but what is to stop me hosting my CITO in the same county (department) as this year's Mega in France?

I haven't seen the new event guidelines BTW. Where are they posted?

Well done on your "8" by the way!

Groundspeak have clarified the revised Event Guidelines Guidelines see Section II: subsection 2.6 within the Last few days

Events with several elements, a sequence of events, or events that are near the same time or location and intended for the same audience should be submitted as a single event. Additional waypoints may be added to the event listing for the locations of event activities.

my Bold.

Any event or CITO taking place on the same day as a Mega Event, and intended to attract Attendee's of that Mega Event. Will not be Listed, as they are elements of the Mega Event. A CITO the day before or the day after, or a Event, is not attracting the Attendee's of the Mega Event.

Please Note! No mention of different accounts to the Mega Organiser, submitting the Events. It the "intended for the same audience should be submitted as a single event" which is the important part.

Many seem to have also missed the fact that the Mega Status Submission process has also changed, and the awarding of Mega Status by Groundspeak, has been tightened up.

So the 2 changes are linked.

Deci