How to reuse a TB tag number

ScooterChick

Two of my travel bugs have gone missing and attempts to contact the cachers who have them have gone unanswered. I still have the COPY TB tag. Can I use that to restart the travel bug again? If so, how do I reset the mileage. Is there something I can read on how to do this? I can't remember what the COPY tag was for in the first place. It's been a while since I put them into circulation. Thanks!

Two of my travel bugs have gone missing and attempts to contact the cachers who have them have gone unanswered. I still have the COPY TB tag. Can I use that to restart the travel bug again? If so, how do I reset the mileage. Is there something I can read on how to do this? I can't remember what the COPY tag was for in the first place. It's been a while since I put them into circulation. Thanks!

You can't reset the mileage. On mine that I have reissued, I put the mileage attained by the first (second, third) version into the TB description.

Just so you know... in order to "reset" the mileage you would have to delete all of the previous logs. If you delete the previous logs, you muck up an awful lot of cachers stats, not to mention histories of each cache your trackables had been to.

Not a good way to keep a clean name, ya think?

Simply add a log that you have re-started a replacement TB -- you can change the name, the traveler (or hitchhiker, if you call it that), or just about anything you want, but if you mess with other cachers stats... well, think long and hard before doing so.

Just so you know... in order to "reset" the mileage you would have to delete all of the previous logs. If you delete the previous logs, you muck up an awful lot of cachers stats, not to mention histories of each cache your trackables had been to.

Not a good way to keep a clean name, ya think?

Simply add a log that you have re-started a replacement TB -- you can change the name, the traveler (or hitchhiker, if you call it that), or just about anything you want, but if you mess with other cachers stats... well, think long and hard before doing so.

Good information. Point taken - don't reset the mileage. ;)

You can't reset the mileage. On mine that I have reissued, I put the mileage attained by the first (second, third) version into the TB description.

Thanks for the information. I'll probably just do the same then, and send it out again. :)

Just to offer another point of view: if you simply launch new TBs, then if one of these resurface, they'll still have their identity intact. Without that, you might not even notice the original reappeared, and it will be confusing in any case. In my opinion, TBs don't cost enough to worry about salvaging one because you think it's lost forever. And how cool would it be to have a TB start getting logs after 5 years lost!