Categores Ideas

These are more ideas than proposals as I don't feel inclined to go through all the usual aggravation occurring every time a new category goes to pier voting. So...

1) There is a category for places where one can play around with a radio controlled aircraft model. Very convenient. BUT no category for the same space for cars. Although I don't have that hobby, I understand it's a popular one all around the world and there are two categories of places: public areas informally used by Radio cars lovers and specific facilities. I thought it was so obvious that once I saw one and t9ook pictures to create the waymark... only there is no category for it.

2) Houses / buildings covered in tiles. This one might not be global, I don't know... in my country they are common and most of the times interesting and picturesque. And no way these are murals, because they are part of the house. Examples:

https://www.google.pt/search?q=casa+azulejos&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=rTD1UuqsGKfP0QXz2IGIBw&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=906

Hold on, Saopaulo... there is nothing about racing in having ONE radio controlled car. People pick the, bring them to a suitable space and drive them around, with their kids, merely for fun. EVENTUALLY there are races... that doesn't make a city street a racetrack, does it? BUT you are right in one thing: if it's a racetrack for radio cars, it's suitable in Racetracks. Still a bit out of logical sense, I think. It's like sending an aircraft radio model field to the category of airports :-)

For 2, yes, it's not so global... but... just from the most recent created categories, how global is Way of St. James? By the way, tiled houses are common in Spain too, I guess that means some presence in the whole South America.

Frieze art - There is NOTHING about frieze art in this :-)

I am not sure if I have ever seen a tiled house in my travels but I haven't been looking for them. I think they look very interesting and I say go for it. You may be surprised where tiled houses show up around the world. Some that came up in the search page were in Mexico also (some of the examples shown might be able to go into mosaics but most would not so don't let that hold you back)

Edited by BruceS
...Frieze art - There is NOTHING about frieze art in this :-)

Are you sure?

"...Other common styles of Frieze art include Murals, High-relief, and art deco brickwork and tile patterns."

"Look Up! The Frieze of a building is the area from above the door to the cornice. This can be indoors or outdoors."

Your examples fit quite well.

-lumbricus

I am not sure if I have ever seen a tiled house in my travels but I haven't been looking for them. I think they look very interesting and I say go for it. You may be surprised where tiled houses show up around the world. Some that came up in the search page were in Mexico also (some of the examples shown might be able to go into mosaics but most would not so don't let that hold you back)

I think I have a picture of one near where my wife grew up in Ohio. But, yes, very uncommon. I'll post it if I can locate it.