Changing Signature

jhuoni

A while back, I changed my "signature" in forums. However it still shows the old one. Any suggestions on how to correct this, or am I doomed to be known for my snide remark: "It's Just A Game" forever?

This is how I did it: Profile - Account Details - Edit - Profile Details - Forum Signature - Save Changes.

If it says "It's just a game" at the bottom of this message it didn't work. If it says otherwise, it did and I will again look like a fool.

A while back, I changed my "signature" in forums. However it still shows the old one. Any suggestions on how to correct this, or am I doomed to be known for my snide remark: "It's Just A Game" forever?

This is how I did it: Profile - Account Details - Edit - Profile Details - Forum Signature - Save Changes.

If it says "It's just a game" at the bottom of this message it didn't work. If it says otherwise, it did and I will again look like a fool.

Good. It didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I was in the process of typing up a response saying that if you had double-checked everything, and if it still wasn't changing, to contact Groundspeak, but then I did some testing. I tried adding a signature in my account details and logged out of the forums, and it hasn't shown up. I tried saving the signature on both the Waymarking.com and Geocaching.com flavours of the account details page (note that it showed on both after being added to one, so they're correctly tied together), but that didn't make a difference. I'd say this is a problem bigger than just you, and it may warrant posting a bug report in the Geocaching.com Web Site forum (that's the best place to post bug reports about the Groundspeak forums). Once it's posted there, others will likely try it out and we'll see if it's affecting everyone or just a few unlucky members.

I'm not sure when it got fixed, but my "old" signature is gone.

Thank you very much!

Now I guess I should find something better than:

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

I'm not sure when it got fixed, but my "old" signature is gone.

Thank you very much!

Now I guess I should find something better than:

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

This bug is back again. I made a change sometime LAST WEEK and it shows in my GC profile, but not in my messages in WM forums.

Edited by jhuoni

BTW, I finally changed my signature yesterday. It still didn't show any different today, though I had logged out (signed off) entirely after changing it. I cleared the IE cache and it started showing up the new signature. So it only took a day this time. Not bad, considering how seldom I change it -- only the second time (and the first change was due to a typo on my part).