Feature Request - Create Pocket Query containing geocaches with corrected coordinates

Rekoons

When I solved a mystery cache, I correct the coordinates of that cache, so when I download a new pocket query, it contains the corrected coordinates.

It would be nice to be able to create a pocket query with only the mystery caches which have corrected coordinates.

Is it possible to add an extra option in the section 'That (And)' called 'Have corrected coordinates'?

Gertjan

My fiancee and I haven't always kept notes of the co-ordinates of puzzles we have solved, or the final location of multis we have found. as a result we're not always able to correct the co-ordinates on geocaching.com. Is there another way of updating the correct co-ordinates for our finds?

My fiancee and I haven't always kept notes of the co-ordinates of puzzles we have solved, or the final location of multis we have found. as a result we're not always able to correct the co-ordinates on geocaching.com. Is there another way of updating the correct co-ordinates for our finds?

Re-solve them.

Re-solve them.

This.

I think your only options would be to re-solve the puzzle or beg the CO/a local cacher for the coordinates.

I'm not sure what other kind of method you might be looking for. You'd first have to get the coordinates again somehow before you can do any kind of updating.

When I solved a mystery cache, I correct the coordinates of that cache, so when I download a new pocket query, it contains the corrected coordinates.

It would be nice to be able to create a pocket query with only the mystery caches which have corrected coordinates.

Is it possible to add an extra option in the section 'That (And)' called 'Have corrected coordinates'?

Gertjan

If you use GSAK and download a PQ that you have submitted corrected coords for it indicates that. You can than also modify the export if you have a Garmin to change the title when it who's on your gps so you know it it corrected.

Why hasn't this been done yet? If you ask me, this is the one of the most needed changes of PQs ever. Groundspeak initiated the corrected coordinates field and it would be only logical that the very next step would be to allow premium members to filter through a PQ. It doesn't make sense to give us something useful, that we can't use effectively. All we need is one more option on the PQ which would state Exclude Unknowns Without Corrected Coordinates.

Please gang, put this on the list once again. It's been 2 years now and it's very much overdue!

Thanks.

Why hasn't this been done yet? If you ask me, this is the one of the most needed changes of PQs ever. Groundspeak initiated the corrected coordinates field and it would be only logical that the very next Stephen would be to allow premium members to filter through a PQ. It doesn't make sense to give us something useful, that we can't use effectively. All we need is one more option on the PQ which would state Exclude Unknowns Without Corrected Coordinates.

Please gang, put this on the list once again. It's been 2 years now and it's very much overdue!

Thanks.

I think the underlying issue is the request to change the PQ's. They seem to have been relegated to legacy status with the implementation of API. The GPX file which returns corrected coords has no way to indicate they are changed while the API return does indicate and a receiving program can respond to that. This question was asked over on the GSAK forum and it doesn't appear the API currently allows a filter for corrected but does indicate if it is corrected.

The available solution is to use a third party like GSAK or probably project-GC to do that.

Why hasn't this been done yet? If you ask me, this is the one of the most needed changes of PQs ever. Groundspeak initiated the corrected coordinates field and it would be only logical that the very next Stephen would be to allow premium members to filter through a PQ. It doesn't make sense to give us something useful, that we can't use effectively. All we need is one more option on the PQ which would state Exclude Unknowns Without Corrected Coordinates.

Thanks.

I think the underlying issue is the request to change the PQ's. They seem to have been relegated to legacy status with the implementation of API. The GPX file which returns corrected coords has no way to indicate they are changed while the API return does indicate and a receiving program can respond to that. This question was asked over on the GSAK forum and it doesn't appear the API currently allows a filter for corrected but does indicate if it is corrected.

The available solution is to use a third party like GSAK or probably project-GC to do that.

If they were to add a "has corrected coordinates" (and does not have corrected coordinates) as a filter on the PQ submission form then every cache in the result set would meet that criteria. The GPX file doesn't need to indicate that they are changed because every waypoint in the file would "have corrected coordinates".

It's on the to-do list.

Maybe it will be done sometime before the sun explodes in a huge fireball, or before hell freezes over perhaps.

It would be really nice if we could have some idea of when features might be implemented. The proposal to deal with missing trackables has been outstanding for at least two years, and this one seems to come up regularly without any apparent move towards fixing it.

Still, at least we've got some more souvenirs to hunt in August. Or not hunt, as the case may be.

It's on the to-do list.

Maybe it will be done sometime before the sun explodes in a huge fireball, or before hell freezes over perhaps.

It would be really nice if we could have some idea of when features might be implemented. The proposal to deal with missing trackables has been outstanding for at least two years, and this one seems to come up regularly without any apparent move towards fixing it.

Still, at least we've got some more souvenirs to hunt in August. Or not hunt, as the case may be.

While I completely agree, I would caution against calling them on it. Apparently this can be an excuse to not respond:

While we may not respond to most threads in this forum, please be aware that we are reading them all and making note of requests for future planning. [snip] Comments such as yours only serve to push away involvement in threads, not increase it.

It's on the to-do list.

While I completely agree, I would caution against calling them on it. Apparently this can be an excuse to not respond:

While we may not respond to most threads in this forum, please be aware that we are reading them all and making note of requests for future planning. [snip] Comments such as yours only serve to push away involvement in threads, not increase it.

Either they want to hear what their users and customers think, or they don't. Just like some of the PQ filters, you can't have it both ways. It is very disappointing to see needed useful features go wanting while time is spent on things like new souvenirs and HTML mail. It would be nice to see the corrected coordinates issue fixed properly, the found by user smiley restored to bookmarks, the notification letters improved so they provide information specific to the notice type, the cache search returned to a useful function, etc. The list contains many, many things more compelling than the security issues introduced in HTML mail.

It's on the to-do list.

Either they want to hear what their users and customers think, or they don't. Just like some of the PQ filters, you can't have it both ways. It is very disappointing to see needed useful features go wanting while time is spent on things like new souvenirs and HTML mail. It would be nice to see the corrected coordinates issue fixed properly, the found by user smiley restored to bookmarks, the notification letters improved so they provide information specific to the notice type, the cache search returned to a useful function, etc. The list contains many, many things more compelling than the security issues introduced in HTML mail.

My thoughts exactly.

If a company ignores its paying customers because they get frustrated at the glacial progress towards useful features then frankly they don't deserve to keep those paying customers. That's just one of the reasons I am no longer a paying customer, despite the fact my forum profile still says I'm premium.

I'd also note that I don't really care all that much if Groundspeak staff are regular posters in the forum - I'd rather they got on with coding useful stuff than posting in the forums. As it stands it seems that ideas are either not going to be implemented or lost forever in the to-do list. I always thought the idea of a to-do list was that it was a list of things that would be done but when things that I'd expect to be pretty simple drag on forever without being done it does make me wonder whether comments about it coming some day are little more than a sop to keep people coming back for more.

Maybe we should start asking them to regularly break things - I wonder if that would cause an end to the seemingly untested updates that stop things from working or that take away useful functionality.

Gertjan

Easy steps to see this feature

Bookmark

Query

All corrected coords

Done

Edited by JesandTodd

It's absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't been completed in two (2) years????

You have the functionality on the site to show only caches with corrected coords, but STILL, no way to export to a PQ or send the group to a GPS? Even the Geocaching app handles corrected coords incorrectly. If I use that app, I go to the "target", only to have to open map view, and see there's a flag some distance away. It makes this virtually unusable guys.

Make a PQ function for corrected coords, and load the correct coords as the cache location, and indicate a new icon or SOMETHING to indicate the coods are updated from the original location.

Groundspeak wants to be a business, but lets simple things like this drag out for years? There are so many easy ways programmatically it can be addressed.

Steve

Easy solution. When you solve a mystery/puzzle. correct the coords and then add it to a bookmark list of solved puzzesl. Then make a PQ from the list. When that came is found, remove it from your lust.

This is what I do.

I have a bookmark list for solved mystery caches. I add mystery caches that have corrected coords or are completed challenges, I then have a PQ for this bookmark list. I occasionally add other caches to this list if there are special circumstances, such as a mystery cache that actually functions as a field puzzle.

All of my other PQ's exclude the Mystery cache type.

When I look at caches on my GPSr, then I know that caches (or the start of multis) can be found at the icons shown on my GPSr. This also helps me avoid issues of 'I signed the log for the challenge cache, but I don't qualify'.

Easy solution. When you solve a mystery/puzzle. correct the coords and then add it to a bookmark list of solved puzzesl. Then make a PQ from the list. When that came is found, remove it from your lust.

Yes, it's fairly easy to add a cache to a bookmark list each time a puzzle is solved. However, ever since we were able to add corrected coordinates to puzzle caches I have been adding them when I solved the puzzle but did not do the extra few clicks to add them to a bookmark list. It would be a *lot* easier if I could search for caches for which I've had corrected coordinates, then download the results as a PQ or save them as a bookmark. I've solved over 200 or so puzzles on caches that I have not yet found so it would significantly reduce the number of clicks and http requests/responses that would have to be made.

The inability to download the results of a search in bulk after using the new search interface is inexcusable.

Hello,

It's been 2 years now and I'm still paying my dues and I've only asked for this one thing. Any chance I'm can ask for it for Christmas? :laughing:

Randy

It already works since the new search option

- On the search page press the button "Add Filters"

- On the right side select: 'I haven't found' and 'Yes' (under 'Has Corrected Coordinates')

- Then press search and you see all caches with corrected coordinates which you haven't found.

- Select all caches

- Add then to a list

- From that list you can create a pocket query

Merry christmas :laughing: :laughing:

Hello,

It's been 2 years now and I'm still paying my dues and I've only asked for this one thing. Any chance I'm can ask for it for Christmas? :laughing:

Randy

- On the right side select: 'I haven't found' and 'Yes' (under 'Has Corrected Coordinates')

- Then press search and you see all caches with corrected coordinates which you haven't found.

- Select all caches

- Add then to a list

Thank you for the work around and that does work OK, but after I go through all that and pull that PQ, then I have to go pull another PQ of the area I want to cache in of the remaining caches and combine them together. Then I have to narrow it down to a file size of 200 in GSAK due to my gps restrictions. NOT FUN AT ALL.

Now, if I could just do it all from one PQ, of which I ask for all caches and only those puzzles of which have corrected coords and limit the PQ to 200 total caches, then I'm done.

If a PQ is a premium feature to make oury game experience better and we pay extra for it, why shouldn't it work the way we need it to? Replace "Are for Members Only", or "On My Watchlist" with the corrected coords option. Who uses those anyways? <chuckle>

Hello,

Randy

- Select all caches

- Add then to a list

Thank you for the work around and that does work OK, but after I go through all that and pull that PQ, then I have to go pull another PQ of the area I want to cache in of the remaining caches and combine them together. Then I have to narrow it down to a file size of 200 in GSAK due to my gps restrictions. NOT FUN AT ALL.

Now, if I could just do it all from one PQ, of which I ask for all caches and only those puzzles of which have corrected coords and limit the PQ to 200 total caches, then I'm done.

If a PQ is a premium feature to make oury game experience better and we pay extra for it, why shouldn't it work the way we need it to? Replace "Are for Members Only", or "On My Watchlist" with the corrected coords option. Who uses those anyways? <chuckle>

I may be thinking wrong but you'd still have to run more than one query if the option "That (And)' called 'Have corrected coordinates'" was in place. Clicking it would bring only caches with corrected coordinates into the query.