how will I know when my geocache gets published

pvtplt172

After your reviewer reviews your cache and finds it to meet the guidelines, they will publish your listing. This will automatically generate an e-mail to the e-mail you signed up with.

FWIW, you have two proximity issues with your newest listing so it can' not be published in its current location.

First, make sure you did check the "Enable" box...many first-time hiders finish filling out the cache submission form and forget to check that box. Not saying you didn't, just saying it's commonly overlooked. It won't go in your reviewer's queue until you do that.

Reviewers can generally be expected to publish a new cache in under a week....usually only a day or two, though, as long as there are no problems that need to be resolved. Sometimes within a matter of hours if you're lucky. Remember, all the reviewers are volunteers....they have full time jobs, families, and they like to get out and do some caching themselves, too!

If you haven't heard anything within a couple of days, check your e-mail's spam filter....sometimes they get dumped there if your email doesn't recognize the address.

After your reviewer reviews your cache and finds it to meet the guidelines, they will publish your listing. This will automatically generate an e-mail to the e-mail you signed up with.

FWIW, you have two proximity issues with your newest listing so it can' not be published in its current location.

how far away does it have to be from another cache ?

528 feet, or one-tenth of a mile. Did you read the listing guidelines carefully? The proximity rule is explained there. This also applies to stages of multi caches and finals of puzzle caches that may not be showing on the Geocaching map.

i did look for it but could not find it i will move my cache tomorrow

528 feet, or one-tenth of a mile. Did you read the listing guidelines carefully? The proximity rule is explained there. This also applies to stages of multi caches and finals of puzzle caches that may not be showing on the Geocaching map.

Of the threads you started, one person in particular left links you could have gotten that information from.

Of the threads you started, one person in particular left links you could *should* have gotten that information from.

Of the threads you started, one person in particular left links you could have gotten that information from.

In many of the threads started by the OP, links to both the Guidelines and the Help Center were posted more than once.

Obviously a waste of time. <_<

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Ok so i re hid the cache today Hope it worked out this time because i had to re hide this will it take longer for the reviewer to review this cache.

Please break it up into separate sentences. It makes it much easier to read. On the cache page you should have been given instructions by the reviewer. It will be something to the effect of "Please move this cache due to proximity issues and update the co-ords (and/or fix whatever other guideline violation there may be) and enable the cache"

As long as you follow the instructions it shouldn't take longer. But remember the reviewers are volunteers. They may have many caches to review, they may get sick, get called into their paying job, have a wedding, or any other number of things that could delay it. They say it may take up to(up to, means it would normally be reviewed in less time but may take that long) 7 days to review the cache, then add to that the time it takes you to fix any issues.

Wow, the new cache location is at the same coordinates as an existing cache that you found a few months ago. You must really like that spot! But, there can only be one cache at the same coordinates. \

I know i accidentally wrote down the wrong coordinates. I had the geocaching app up to get the coordinates of the location and I i thought i got the correct one but i did not.

Wow, the new cache location is at the same coordinates as an existing cache that you found a few months ago. You must really like that spot! But, there can only be one cache at the same coordinates. \

I know i accidentally wrote down the wrong coordinates. I had the geocaching app up to get the coordinates of the location and I i thought i got the correct one but i did not.

When you place a cache you should always put the coordinates into Google maps as a sanity check. The maps are NOT to be used to determine coordinates but only to verify the entered numbers are reasonable.

Have you taken the time to read through the guidelines yet?

So why is your cache still in the active queue to be looked at by your reviewer? You need to either make the correction or disable your listing until you've obtained accurate coordinates and it is ready for the reviewer to look at. The time your reviewer takes to tell you that the coordinates are zero feet from an existing cache could have been used to publish someone else's cache, give feedback on another geocacher's issue, etc.

So why is your cache still in the active queue to be looked at by your reviewer? You need to either make the correction or disable your listing until you've obtained accurate coordinates and it is ready for the reviewer to look at. The time your reviewer takes to tell you that the coordinates are zero feet from an existing cache could have been used to publish someone else's cache, give feedback on another geocacher's issue, etc.

This is what I was told in my email. I am temporarily disabling your cache so that you can move it to a new location. Today i re hid it at a new location with new coordinates.

Edited by pvtplt172

This is what I was told in my email. I am temporarily disabling your cache so that you can move it to a new location. Today i re hid it at a new location with new coordinates.

You really, really, really need to read the Help Center - Hiding a Geocache articles:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=19

1.7. Working with the Reviewer: Enable Your Geocache After Edits

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=301

1.5. Working With the Reviewer: Geocache Disabled or Archived

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=340

B.

You really, really, really need to read the Help Center - Hiding a Geocache articles:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=19

1.7. Working with the Reviewer: Enable Your Geocache After Edits

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=301

1.5. Working With the Reviewer: Geocache Disabled or Archived

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=340

B.

this is were i have my cache

N 42° 46.046 W 071° 29.369

I see that you edited the coordinates for your cache sometime after my prior post, but before your reviewer saw it. So, yay for that.

The next teachable moment: When you hide a cache in a nice park, and there's a four-stage multicache that begins at the parking lot, odds are good that your new cache will conflict with one of the physical stages of the multicache. I'd recommend doing the multi -- hidden by a veteran forum poster here -- and picking up your cache after you find the multi. You won't have far to walk.

I see that you edited the coordinates for your cache sometime after my prior post, but before your reviewer saw it. So, yay for that.

The next teachable moment: When you hide a cache in a nice park, and there's a four-stage multicache that begins at the parking lot, odds are good that your new cache will conflict with one of the physical stages of the multicache. I'd recommend doing the multi -- hidden by a veteran forum poster here -- and picking up your cache after you find the multi. You won't have far to walk.

I have not figured out multi caches yet. I figured this location was far enough away from the cache site it would not effect anything but seeing as this hole park is turning into a night mare I am just probably going to scrap this whole idea if this site does not work out. and fyi I have been reading the guides I just miss calculated by accident I'm only human and I make mistakes. This is my first time hiding a geocach.

Edited by pvtplt172

I have not figured out multi caches yet. I figured this location was far enough away from the cache siteit would not effect anything but seeing as this hole park is turning into a night mare I am just probably going to scrap this whole idea if this site does not work out. and fyi i have been reading the guides i just miss calculated by accident im only human.

Sounds to me like it's not an "if"...

Maybe it is a good idea to kick back, get very familar with the guidelines and place a cache when you're actually ready.

I have not figured out multi caches yet.

Well. I'm afraid you're going to HAVE to figure out multi caches. You need to understand that your cache has to not only be 528' from the FINAL of a multi cache, but also 528' away from any intermediate STAGES of a multi cache. So if you look at the Geocaching map and see that you're a safe distance from a Multi cache, that only means you're a safe distance from the STARTING POINT of that cache. There may be one or more intermediate stages, perhaps several, in addition to the final. Unless you have "figured out" this multi and found all the stages, you have no way of knowing where those stages are, so you have no way of knowing if your spot is far enough away.

It may well be that the whole park is blocked out because of one multi. That's just how Geocaching works.

I have not figured out multi caches yet. I figured this location was far enough away from the cache site it would not effect anything but seeing as this hole park is turning into a night mare I am just probably going to scrap this whole idea if this site does not work out. and fyi I have been reading the guides I just miss calculated by accident I'm only human and I make mistakes. This is my first time hiding a geocach.

You know, I'll bet if you ask that cacher that owns the multi, said

cacher would happy to help you out. You might even have a new caching buddy.

{snip} seeing as this hole park is turning into a night mare {snip} This is my first time hiding a geocach.

I ran into a very similar situation when I hid my first cache. What I finally figured out, and was confirmed by several veteran cacher friends, was that anytime you see a "hole" in a park or other open space, one that is just "crying out for a cache to be put there", there is probably something already there. The final for a puzzle, stages of or the final of a multi, something. Thus I learned to make the cache listing and then submit it with the title "COORDINATES CHECK ONLY".

{snip} seeing as this hole park is turning into a night mare {snip} This is my first time hiding a geocach.

I ran into a very similar situation when I hid my first cache. What I finally figured out, and was confirmed by several veteran cacher friends, was that anytime you see a "hole" in a park or other open space, one that is just "crying out for a cache to be put there", there is probably something already there. The final for a puzzle, stages of or the final of a multi, something. Thus I learned to make the cache listing and then submit it with the title "COORDINATES CHECK ONLY".

I think I'm gonna call my next cache "Coordinates Check Only" and drive my reviewer nuts....;)

You know, I'll bet if you ask that cacher that owns the multi, said

cacher would happy to help you out. You might even have a new caching buddy.

GeoTrekker26 posted the link to the multicache in question. Take a look at the map of the area.

If you would go do the Soifert Fields cache you will learn how to do a multi and you will see why you can't place your cache where you chose.

The owner of the multicache is a frequent poster here on the forums, as Keystone posted.

B.