Grab bags of Geocoins for Newbies

dorkfish

All of my geocoins have been collecting dust in my closet for years, well actually the boxes they are in have been collecting dust. Rather than sell them I thought I'd pass along some good Karma and offer them to some newbies coiners out there. I've packaged them all in padded envelopes and tried to separate them equally by trackables, nontrackables, and mystery coins. There are maybe 20 per bag? I didn't count.

I figured the non trackables could be used as swag in caches. The trackables I just activated and will transfer ownership to the new owner. And of course the mystery coins are yours to do with as whatever you like. Please don't ask me what's in the bags, it's a surprise.

So if you'd like one or more of these grab bags all you need to do is just pay shipping. These are only for newbie coiners, those who don't have many coins in there collection. I think each bag weighs different and I will mail to the USA, Canada or anywhere. I'm sure it costs alot to send outside the USA though. If you are interested just send me an email and I will calculate postage for you.

I am always in awe of the kindness and the generosity of ALL of the people I have met, or communicated with, through this forum , at events , and while out geocaching. This has got to be the greatest sport and hobby that there is , with the nicest and kindest people I have ever met. I thank you all for helping me be a part of it. :D

wow that is so sweet of you to be so generous and send your geocoins to newbies. I am jealous, I would of loved to have been able to get some of those geocoins. Love placing geocoins in caches for ones to find. Knowing you made someone smile while finding a geocoin and a bonus a Geocoin is rare these days. I always liked paying it forward. Thank You for all your doing Karma. Bless Your Heart!

Edited by sweetlife

OK folks, judging by the emails in my mailbox last night and this morning I think they have all been spoken for. And one generous person has even offered to pay for 5 postages to 5 lucky people. What an amazing person! I am now sitting down to reply to everyone so you all should hear from me shortly. Hopefully there is enough for everyone. Thank you all!

All of my geocoins have been collecting dust in my closet for years, well actually the boxes they are in have been collecting dust. Rather than sell them I thought I'd pass along some good Karma and offer them to some newbies coiners out there. I've packaged them all in padded envelopes and tried to separate them equally by trackables, nontrackables, and mystery coins. There are maybe 20 per bag? I didn't count.

I figured the non trackables could be used as swag in caches. The trackables I just activated and will transfer ownership to the new owner. And of course the mystery coins are yours to do with as whatever you like. Please don't ask me what's in the bags, it's a surprise.

So if you'd like one or more of these grab bags all you need to do is just pay shipping. These are only for newbie coiners, those who don't have many coins in there collection. I think each bag weighs different and I will mail to the USA, Canada or anywhere. I'm sure it costs alot to send outside the USA though. If you are interested just send me an email and I will calculate postage for you.

Email sent, I am hoping you have one left I can get for my kids.

update: these are all gone. thanks everyone!

This would be awesome! I just activated my first coin and have no collection. The one I activated is actually for the public library but because I have an account, they are letting me place one there. If the offer is still good, I'd take a couple of grab bags! My email is below. We plan on doing some geocaching on Valentine's day since the restaurants will be packed.

I was looking for some more information on activating the coins and found your post. The option that asks if your coin is collectible or not is a little confusing to me. Does that mean people can keep it as a collectible or that it is in circulation and can be "collected" from a cache?

Thank you!

Have a great Valentine's!

WeFoundWaldo

icukala@yahoo.com

This would be awesome! I just activated my first coin and have no collection. The one I activated is actually for the public library but because I have an account, they are letting me place one there. If the offer is still good, I'd take a couple of grab bags! My email is below. We plan on doing some geocaching on Valentine's day since the restaurants will be packed.

I was looking for some more information on activating the coins and found your post. The option that asks if your coin is collectible or not is a little confusing to me. Does that mean people can keep it as a collectible or that it is in circulation and can be "collected" from a cache?

Thank you!

WeFoundWaldo

icukala@yahoo.com

Collectible means that you are the owner and you are keeping it in your possession. Inventory means you own the coin but are sending it out to travel. Circulated coins you find in a cache is meant to travel from cache to cache to see how far they will travel. Once in a while someone will leave and unactivated geocoin as swag for a cacher so you can go to the find trackables and put in the number that is on the coin to see who owns it and what its mission is.

Edited by Maine Family

Thank you!

WeFoundWaldo

icukala@yahoo.com

Collectible means that you are the owner and you are keeping it in your possession. Inventory means you own the coin but are sending it out to travel. Circulated coins you find in a cache is meant to travel from cache to cache to see how far they will travel. Once in a while someone will leave and unactivated geocoin as swag for a cacher so you can go to the find trackables and put in the number that is on the coin to see who owns it and what its mission is.

Let me add this this... if you send it out with the collectable option checked, then yes, someone else can retrieve it from a location, keep it and add it to their own personal collection. So if you are intending the TB or Coin to travel then you want to uncheck the collectable option or say no when you activate it.

Also, if you intend to keep it for yourself and show it off to others to be discovered, then you can say it is collectable, put it in your collection, then edit the item to uncheck the collectable option and leave it in your collection. Trackables in your collection will not collect miles. If you want it to be a personal item to track your caching movement, then leave it in your inventory, leave the collectable box unchecked and just log it as visiting/dip when you do your cache log after you find the cache.