Geocache adventure racing

ifranz

I’d like to form a team to participate in adventure races in and around Ohio (i'm in Columbus) I’m wondering if there are any geocachers out there who might be interested in races ranging from 4 to 12 hours in length. Most are MTB/trail run/kayak/special event format.

If enough people were interested I would be willing to help coordinate a couple of "adventure race" cache events over the summer. I would also be willing to offer advice on training.

I’m not fast, I’m not interested in winning races - just the challenge of event.

Interested?

post or email me

- ifranz

derek@ifranznospam.com - remove nospam

Hello Ifranz! Seeker BP here. Have you got your team together yet?? Always interesested in some good ole fun with the outdoors and the GPS. Being self employed also gives me some spare time when needed. Let me know what your working on and maybe I could throw my 2 cents in.

hey, if it weren't too long or difficult, i'd be in too. I've got a Orienteering Cache event coming up in October, but i also mt. bike (not a lot off trail tho') and I also own a kayak. So i think an adventure race format might work (just as long as it's not too competitive -- I think most geocachers favour casual hiking, but it may just be me... icon_smile.gif)

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain

hey, if it weren't too long or difficult, i'd be in too. I've got a Orienteering Cache event coming up in October, but i also mt. bike (not a lot off trail tho') and I also own a kayak. So i think an adventure race format might work (just as long as it's not too competitive -- I think most geocachers favour casual hiking, but it may just be me... icon_smile.gif)

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain