Load GPX File Into Geocaching.com app

Hello,

A friend had an iPhone 4 and is running the Geocaching.com app. He recently attended an event where there were a large number of temporary caches placed. The event sponsors provided a GPX file with the information for all the temp caches. They were able to load the GPX file into stand alone GPS units, and third party Geocaching software on Android and iPhones but could not lead the GPX into the Geocaching.com app.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Thanks for the information. I'll let him know, but I'm sure he won't be to happy finding out he needs to use / buy another app.

Would have thought this would have been something every app would be able to do.

Thanks Again!

It's more of an Apple restriction than a Groundspeak restriction.

As someone else has said Groundspeak's Android app will allow it.

It's more of an Apple restriction than a Groundspeak restriction.

As someone else has said Groundspeak's Android app will allow it.

I would not ascribe this to Apple. I use Geosphere to import, filter, and export gpx files (like a mini-GSAK in some ways). Looking4caches and geobucket have free versions that support file import - although the former appears to rely on iTunes to transfer files. Various offline map apps support gpx import as well. Its just something that the Groundspeak iphone developers have not implemented.

Edited by geodarts