Severn Bore Event ** CANCELLED**

tarmacjohn

I am guessing that many people were planning on attending the, now cancelled, Severn Bore event. I notice that the 'attended' logs have started to appear. Should these logs be allowed as there was NO EVENT. Are people really that desperate for the numbers?

Perhaps the 'not signing a log book' rule is not such a good one after all.

I am guessing that many people were planning on attending the, now cancelled, Severn Bore event. I notice that the 'attended' logs have started to appear. Should these logs be allowed as there was NO EVENT. Are people really that desperate for the numbers?

Perhaps the 'not signing a log book' rule is not such a good one after all.

I suppose the alternative should be considered... i.e. that they still went to the co-ords. Thus they attended. If they hadn't seen the cancellation then that seems fair enough. I suppose if I'd gone to the trouble of arranging to be there, booking a hotel etc, I'd still have gone if getting to GZ was still safe and practical.

Yes appalling I know I'm one who logged an attend but is it comparable to logging a web cam cache 11 years after it was archived http://coord.info/GC21F9 that doesn't bother me, play the game as you want to is my rule someone will often find fault :rolleyes:

I suppose the difference is that the webcam was actually there. As you say each to their own.

I think the biggest travesty is that I found the McDonalds breakfast more exciting than the Bore. :laughing:

We went down met loads of cachers, had loads of geochat and had a fantastic time all due to the event, archived or not it did seem a top event. As the event guidelines state you don't need to sign a log book it really is down to the event organiser to decide and I'd be happy to change my log if asked.

We went down for the event in a sad way as it turned out I am glad the event was cancelled. We went further downstream and saw the bore. The initial wave was maybe 6foot high. If we had gone to the event coords it sounds like it was a ripple. Not sure how you log an attended if the CO cancelled it and did not attend but each to their own.

I went down to see the bore from a different location further downstream, got a great view, and logged the Earthcache as a result. But I didn't meet any other cachers, so I didn't log the event. Other people went to the event location, or thereabouts, and met other cachers (some said they even met the event CO). They may not have seen as good a bore, but them logging the event seems fair enough (especially as the CO apparently said he was happy). In the end, everyone plays the game their own way,