Event Notifications - Include Date?

SpiritDogs

Does anyone else really wish that the email notifications for events would include the event date (instead of just the publication date)? It would make it nice to be able to see at a glance when the event is so you can determine from the email if it is a date that works (or not) for you.

SpiritDogs

I do think that would be logical. I wonder if it should just be good habit also for event page folks to include the date in the description. I'm gonna modify mine (just published) and make sure it is listed in the next event that I will put out soon.

Adding the date to the event's description was my first thought, too, since I've often thought that's good practice. But the publication message won't have the description in it, will it?

Tatanka49 said "Unless things have changed, the event date IS the date shown. It also has an "add to calendar" link."

Unless I'm missing something that's true for the Webpage for the event but in the notification email it is not. The emails I get look something like what's shown below. With no EVENT date. Just the publication date. The event is question below is actually for March 8 but, as far as I know, I can't tell that without opening the actual cache page. It's the email notification I was asking about changing.

For GC4XPZT: Hunt For Wall...Duh...Oh M&G (Event Cache)

24.7mi SE (39.8km SE)

gpsfun published Hunt For Wall...Duh...Oh M&G (Event Cache) at 1/29/2014

Log Date: 1/29/2014

Published

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://coord.info/GLD873C7

Visit Event Cache

Hunt For Wall...Duh...Oh M&G:

http://coord.info/GC4XPZT

Profile for gpsfun:

http://coord.info/PR1349

Notification for New Notification:

http://www.geocaching.com/notify/edit.aspx?NID=205278

Edited by SpiritDogs

I do think that would be logical. I wonder if it should just be good habit also for event page folks to include the date in the description. I'm gonna modify mine (just published) and make sure it is listed in the next event that I will put out soon.

Adding the date to the event's description was my first thought, too, since I've often thought that's good practice. But the publication message won't have the description in it, will it?

I also think it would be great if the date were mentioned in the description on the webpage too (in addition to being shown on the top of the page) but the descriptions aren't included in the notification emails either. I can understand that though, as some of the events I've seen have pretty long descriptions.

Does anyone else really wish that the email notifications for events would include the event date (instead of just the publication date)? It would make it nice to be able to see at a glance when the event is so you can determine from the email if it is a date that works (or not) for you.

SpiritDogs

Are you saying as long as the date is good you'd attend an event? I'll host an event where all the attendees receive a full tax audit while getting a thorough full body cavity search. When's a good time for you? :laughing:

As you can see it's not just the date. It's the time, the place, the actual event activity itself. All that info is on the event page which you would view anyway....

SpiritDogs

Are you saying as long as the date is good you'd attend an event? I'll host an event where all the attendees receive a full tax audit while getting a thorough full body cavity search. When's a good time for you? :laughing:

As you can see it's not just the date. It's the time, the place, the actual event activity itself. All that info is on the event page which you would view anyway....

You're right, its not just the date. But if I know I can't do anything on that date there's no need to look further. I can just delete it and be done. If it is a good date I can open it, and review all the details to decide whether or not I am interested in going.

Another thread similar in the Website forums (probably where this one should have gone) had the majority ask, "how much time does it take (really) to just open the page...".

- They mustn't get much mail.

If I can look and decide to can or scan in seconds, it's time I can spend doing something else.

Spllelling

Edited by cerberus1

Where does one sign up for these notifications about events?

You really have been away for a while. ;)

Go to your profile page, scroll down about 10% and look for a link on the right side under "Premium Features"

I knew that...lol

The funny thing is that I have a notification already set up for new caches. ever thought to look in the list for events.. I think I saw event "cache" and the word cache threw me off... thanks