Oregon 450 for $183

BAMBOOZLE

Price is actually creeping up now and will continue to creep up in my opinion. BTW - $189 today. It was about 20 bucks cheaper just recently. Look at the 60 series, their prices went up after Garmin made the official announcement of those units being discontinued.

Quite true.....when a classic unit is retired remaining stocks of new ones really jump in price.....used ones as well.

Price is actually creeping up now and will continue to creep up in my opinion. BTW - $189 today. It was about 20 bucks cheaper just recently. Look at the 60 series, their prices went up after Garmin made the official announcement of those units being discontinued.

I kinda thought of this when I bought my 60CSX recently. Mostly got it after my Garmin GPS V antenna got messed up. I said to myself...I don't mind getting one to use and never sell, but at the price I got it, I would sell it now for $300 (yes, that would be a slight profit). But I'm not sure they have reached that price. They are popular as heck. Be curious to see how the 450 plays out. I wonder if the 450 will effect the 60series pricing. Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

I kinda thought of this when I bought my 60CSX recently. Mostly got it after my Garmin GPS V antenna got messed up. I said to myself...I don't mind getting one to use and never sell, but at the price I got it, I would sell it now for $300 (yes, that would be a slight profit). But I'm not sure they have reached that price. They are popular as heck. Be curious to see how the 450 plays out. I wonder if the 450 will effect the 60series pricing.

When I bought my Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx receivers just a few short years ago, I paid $225 each. GPS City in Calgary had them for as high as $699 when they finally vanished not long ago. Are they still available in the U.S.?

My Garmin 60csx is still my main workhorse.I still don't think that any of the new ones VASTLY improve on its accuracy.My wife bought an box at an estate sale years ago and it sat in my garage for years.My Son opened the box last year and there were 4 60csx's,3cx's and 2cs's.All were still in original boxes.She paid $8 for the box,now,I call that a sale !!!!!

My Garmin 60csx is still my main workhorse.I still don't think that any of the new ones VASTLY improve on its accuracy.My wife bought an box at an estate sale years ago and it sat in my garage for years.My Son opened the box last year and there were 4 60csx's,3cx's and 2cs's.All were still in original boxes.She paid $8 for the box,now,I call that a sale !!!!!

In my experience the new ones don't improve much at all re the accuracy of the CSx. The newer 3 axis compasses are smoother ( I've never had to " field calibrate " my 450 or 3-62S units ) and they are fully paperless. For awhile we used the CSx along with a 450 which would have been fine forever....only one caching partner needs a paperless unit. But I like buying gadgets and I got a 62S which my wife liked a bit more that her 450 so I got another one.

When I bought my Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx receivers just a few short years ago, I paid $225 each. GPS City in Calgary had them for as high as $699 when they finally vanished not long ago. Are they still available in the U.S.?

Not as new units. Garmin has a 62CS or something like that, but I think that is older too. I think everything is moving toward touch screens now.

There will always be someone that asks crazy prices. Question is always are they SELLING for that much. I've seen people ask for above market price on gold/silver....not gonna happen! I don't care if it is an 1800s coin....it is worth the weight of the gold!