Photo competition - February 2014 - Bridges

Many thanks to I! for choosing my picture as the winner of the January photo competition, which I really enjoyed the idea of.

Whilst checking out sites for last month's challenge I visited several bridges so I thought that would make a good theme for this month so:

The theme for February is Bridges.

The rules are:

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to. The could be the actual cache site or on the way to the cache.

2) Maximum of two photos per caching team or cacher.

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) In an effort to get people out caching - the photo must be taken during February 2014

That's all

Have fun

Here's one from me to start us off. Taken at the place I was at to 'find' GCN6EP Severn Bore earthcache. It's taken from the road bridge at Over, north of Gloucester (51.874862,-2.267917) and a silhouette of what looked like hundreds of people on Thomas Telford's old Over road bridge (51.874464,-2.267949), which itself is the subject for a nice little multi I FTF'd in Summer 2013.

405d23ee-a7ae-4e6c-8bd5-6dae40189820.jpg

Just thought I'd make a quick post and say how much I've enjoyed your photo competitions. I recently bought a new DSLR and it's renewed my interest in photography. Sadly, even with the new camera I take much better "snap shots" than stunning photographs but I keep trying and I've really enjoyed going back and looking at all the great photos that have been posted in these threads.

I was tempted to choose the entry by Happy Humphrey as it's a cracking photo, but the winner is Yorkshire Yellow. I'd love to get down to the Severn Bore some day but this photo seems to capture the excitement, particularly with the people standing up at the left.

Looking forward to this month's theme

Thanks for selecting my photo as February's winner, duncanhoyle. I'll post shortly with my theme and the rules for this month's photo competition.

Short notice I know, but if you can get down to Gloucestershire for 8:00 am tomorrow, we're holding an event cache for the predicted 4* Severn bore.

Unfortunately I'm based up in Newcastle and it's quite a trek.

I'll just have to settle for having seen the Northern Lights 2 nights ago instead :D