Already covered?

Pigeons are considered a Nuisance Species in many States in the US, including Virginia.

The following animals: house mouse, Norway rat, black rat, coyote, groundhog, nutria, feral hog (see below), European starling, English sparrow, mute swan, and pigeon (rock dove) are designated as nuisance species and may be taken at any time (except on Sunday) by use of a firearm or other weapon (unless prohibited by local ordinances, see page 23) and on some public lands during certain time periods (see National Forest-Game Department Regulations).

Pigeons are considered a Nuisance Species in many States in the US, including Virginia.

The following animals: house mouse, Norway rat, black rat, coyote, groundhog, nutria, feral hog (see below), European starling, English sparrow, mute swan, and pigeon (rock dove) are designated as nuisance species and may be taken at any time (except on Sunday) by use of a firearm or other weapon (unless prohibited by local ordinances, see page 23) and on some public lands during certain time periods (see National Forest-Game Department Regulations).

MPH - I think YOU are being a nuisance...

But seriously, the only category I can think of is Aviaries and you said that you have been told that it doesn't fit there.

As for the tiled buildings... IF there were more than one color tile, they could be a Mosaic :rolleyes: Ok, maybe not. Keep asking, maybe someone will answer.

MPH - I think YOU are being a nuisance...

But seriously, the only category I can think of is Aviaries and you said that you have been told that it doesn't fit there.

As for the tiled buildings... IF there were more than one color tile, they could be a Mosaic :rolleyes: Ok, maybe not. Keep asking, maybe someone will answer.

No, we have pigeons at the Court House. I just never knew of anyone to have a pigeon coop. What about chicken coops? What about a category for chicken coops? I would be interested.

Chicken coops? I keep chickens, our local reviewer keeps chickens. MPH may have a good idea, if I were a PM I would support it. I believe it would meet the requirements for a new category. Why not discuss it?

All I can come up with about chickens is KFC. Yeah, been there and Waymarked the orginal location. http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WM7A98_Birthplace_of_Kentuky_Fried_Chicken_Corbin_KY

I would be willing to help if enough are interested if YOU or SOMEONE else were interested in creating a category. I know quite much about keeping chickens. :ph34r:

We have a chicken coop also. The only problem is that a very high percentage of them will be on private land. I know that you can waymark things on private land, and I've done a few (mostly cemeteries). But chicken coops are another thing. The owners might get the wrong idea when visitors show up.

To quote (from memory, so maybe a bit off) from the TV movie "Return to Mayberry":

"Don't you tell me nothing about chicken thievding. My daddy was a chicken thievder and his daddy before that. They was the best in this part of the country!"

Chicken coops? I keep chickens, our local reviewer keeps chickens. MPH may have a good idea, if I were a PM I would support it. I believe it would meet the requirements for a new category. Why not discuss it?

All I can come up with about chickens is KFC. Yeah, been there and Waymarked the orginal location. http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WM7A98_Birthplace_of_Kentuky_Fried_Chicken_Corbin_KY

I would be willing to help if enough are interested if YOU or SOMEONE else were interested in creating a category. I know quite much about keeping chickens. :ph34r:

I'd really like to continue this discussion... But I'm CHICKEN! :anitongue:

Anyones knows if this kind of things are already covered by previous categories?

Old/Traditional pigeon lofts/houses like this:

There was a topic about it recently: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=307233

I checked out the green house - Home António Silva (No. 2 Street Beato Manuel Rodrigues) I see the initials "AS" in the facade at the top, is there a DATE any place on the buiding? If it has a date try: Dated Buildings

Another thought is Frieze Art. You would need to run this idea by someone in the category to see if it really qualifies.

If nothing else, I found it on WikiMedia Common. Does that fit into the Wiki Category?

As for the birds, I'm not finding a whole lot to help you there.

We have a chicken coop also. The only problem is that a very high percentage of them will be on private land. I know that you can waymark things on private land, and I've done a few (mostly cemeteries). But chicken coops are another thing. The owners might get the wrong idea when visitors show up.

To quote (from memory, so maybe a bit off) from the TV movie "Return to Mayberry":

"Don't you tell me nothing about chicken thievding. My daddy was a chicken thievder and his daddy before that. They was the best in this part of the country!"

Moon Pie's prize Rooster's name is Snuffy. :ph34r: Quite a few people keep chickens now. We only have large breed birds, and our coops are nothing to brag about. Secretly I also like pigeons and have some near the property. They moved in on their own under a bridge.

So..... back to the pigeon coop topic. Hill-folk can be educated if you take time and explain it like you mean it. What happened in peer review the last time? Are you still interested in making a pigeon coop category? You may just have the support of some chicken farmers this go around, I don't know. Let's hear your idea. B)

The only possibility I see for the pigeon houses is Unique Bird House category, but may not qualify there.

There is no category for monochrome tile buildings as such. they would have to qualify in some other category, as mentioned, such as dated building, etc. They are not mosaics at all.

Sometimes there are nice sites that just aren't suitable for Waymarking. . . .