download CacheMate into palm with SD card?

uxorious

I've been using an SD card to load caches into my Palm m500, ever since I got windows 7. Seems to work well.

However, I let the battery go completely dead, and now CacheMate is no longer in my palm.

I can't hot sync, and was wondering if it is possible to download CacheMate with the SD card.

I have heard there is a program that allows you to hot sync with widows 7, but you have to uninstall the old hotsync. the old program won't uninstall.

(may have to take the whole thing into a computer repair place. :( :(

Edited to add, I'm using GSAK to load the caches into the palm. (I don't know if CacheMate works on any other program. But that is what I'm using.)

Edited by uxorious

I've been using an SD card to load caches into my Palm m500, ever since I got windows 7. Seems to work well.

However, I let the battery go completely dead, and now CacheMate is no longer in my palm.

I can't hot sync, and was wondering if it is possible to download CacheMate with the SD card.

I have heard there is a program that allows you to hot sync with widows 7, but you have to uninstall the old hotsync. the old program won't uninstall.

(may have to take the whole thing into a computer repair place. :( :(

Edited to add, I'm using GSAK to load the caches into the palm. (I don't know if CacheMate works on any other program. But that is what I'm using.)

From poking around on the web ...

THROUGH A CARD READER

-all PRC and PDB files go here.

<root>\Palm\Launcher

keep in mind that some apps with PDB files are fickle. They may only run when its PRC, PDB, both, or some specific combo of them are on handheld memory and NOT the expansion card. Refer to dev's instructions on this, or also experiment.

I recommend using a freeware app called FileZ. It's a file manager for pOS (Palm OS) that lets u copy/move files around within the card and even betw the handheld and SD card

That's what I seem to remember also.

I seem to remember there was also a math library that also was part of the program.

Edited by jholly

I still have my m500's....we always used the Plucker program....we originally used Spinner but once we started using GSAK we used it to load the Plucker files.

The point is John was asking how to get the program on the Palm without hotsync. Plucker does not solve that problem, it is the same issue.

I'm not very good with technology. I usually just keep trying different things, and asking people who know more than I do.

I looked up the FileZ program suggested in your quote, but it sounds like a program that could cause a lot of trouble to someone like me. :huh::)

However, I will try the first part and see if I can figure out what that does.

It does look like part of my Palm program did uninstall, but there must still be some there. I cannot find the palm desktop any where in my computer now.

While doing a search for info on all this, I did see there is a program that allows HotSync with the 64bit windows. Now I can't find that. (couldn't install it at the time as palm was still in the computer somewhere.)

Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.

I use HotSync Manager 7.0.2 to Hotsync my Palm Tungsten E with my 64bit Windows 7 laptop. Works well except Gsak doesn't send the pdb file to the right place so i have to track it down and drag it to the Hotsync manager. It also has Palm Desktop by ACCESS version 6.2.2.

ACCESS Systems Americas, Inc (formerly PalmSource, Inc)

Mostly i use my windows XP desktop.

Edited by 39chevy