Groups vs Categories

jhuoni

Maybe I've missed something here.

If you look at groups you will see there are 1881 groups.

If you look at categories you will see there are only 1072 categories.

Having said that, does that mean there are 809 category-less groups?

Trivial Fact for the Moment brought to you by the Letter W and the Number 3. :rolleyes:

Maybe I've missed something here.

If you look at groups you will see there are 1881 groups.

If you look at categories you will see there are only 1072 categories.

Having said that, does that mean there are 809 category-less groups?

Trivial Fact for the Moment brought to you by the Letter W and the Number 3. :rolleyes:

Just a second... I need to find the calculator.

Yep, I think you are right.

Not all groups manage a category. Some groups are created for people that share an interest, some groups form for the purpose of creating and managing a category, but maybe the category didn't pass peer review. There are other reasons, I'm sure.

You will see several groups were created by people who did not really understand Waymarking for categories that were very restrictive for example Historical marker in a particular town etc that would not have gone anywhere. Also you will see groups for the same thing that there is already a category for and they didn't realize it at the time. Then here are groups for categories that did not make it through peer review.

You will see several groups were created by people who did not really understand Waymarking for categories that were very restrictive for example Historical marker in a particular town etc that would not have gone anywhere. Also you will see groups for the same thing that there is already a category for and they didn't realize it at the time. Then here are groups for categories that did not make it through peer review.

I have one group created, with basic concept, officers, icon, .. but I'm in doubts about prevalence of objects (documented "stroken by lightning") around the world, so I need some time to gather enough examples to even propose it to forum post (not even saying about potential peer review, which can be a disaster without good description). :laughing: