An easy puzzle cache

Well, at least 80% of it. I'm still working on it. Tell me what you think.

An easy puzzle cache

I'm trying to think up 2 more 'games' to add to this. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share your ideas.

I like it!

There is a game that my son plays every once in awhile that involves clicking on items on a screen to eventually reveal an icon with a forward arrow in a circle. Clicking on that icon takes you to the next screen. Each screen is a unique puzzle in that you have to figure what to click in order to reveal the icon. Some puzzles require timing while others are more logic (you have to click in the right places in the correct order). Its actually somewhat similar to what you did, only with more graphics.

It's about time there was an easy puzzle cache! We all have to start somewhere. The veterans think everyone is a puzzle wizard.

There was a thread a couple of days ago in which the poster offered to pay $20 thru PayPal for puzzle help via Skype (privately, of course, not in the forums). It's that complicated for puzzle novices.

Cool. I like hard puzzles. I like those interactive kind of puzzles. The only puzzles I'm not so keen on are the ones where you copy-paste the question into google and take the answers digital root. I'd find that puzzle, if I was in your area.

I have a puzzle not exactly like that, but in which I made a little interactive thing which I wrote in HTML. Probably spent a good 7 or 8 hours on it, since I didn't even know what HTML and Javascript was when I started... http://coord.info/GC4VM2N

I like this one!

Very cool.

One game game you could use would be a "memory" game, like, say, 20 cards laid face down, with different images on the faces. Clicking on a card turns it over to reveal the face image, clicking on a second card turns it over and if the images match, both cards are removed from the array, otherwise they're turned back over. Match two "easy button" images and get the coordinate.

Another game could be one of those puzzles where there's a grid of, say, 5 tiles x 5 tiles, with one tile missing so an adjacent tile can be slid into the space of the missing tile, thus creating a space where the tile was moved from, and into which a different adjacent tile can be moved, and so on, thus allowing you to move any tile into any position, but in a highly constrained way. Each tile bears a part of the "easy button" image, which is scrambled initially, and the puzzle is solved when all the tiles are in the right place and the image is unscrambled.

Thanks for the fun! I had a little trouble with the maze: until I learned to type the arrow keys, I was just holding them down, and that would sometime glitch such that the button would suddenly jump one square up to a location outside the track, dooming me to failure.

I also was starting to get bored with the shooting game just because I had no idea how long you were gong to make me keep it up. Having "5 more to go" or something would resolve that.

Perhaps a game with a bunch of buttons connected to a jumble of wires, then the challenge is to trace the wires visually to figure out which buttons to push in what order?

Very cool.

One game game you could use would be a "memory" game, like, say, 20 cards laid face down, with different images on the faces. Clicking on a card turns it over to reveal the face image, clicking on a second card turns it over and if the images match, both cards are removed from the array, otherwise they're turned back over. Match two "easy button" images and get the coordinate.

Another game could be one of those puzzles where there's a grid of, say, 5 tiles x 5 tiles, with one tile missing so an adjacent tile can be slid into the space of the missing tile, thus creating a space where the tile was moved from, and into which a different adjacent tile can be moved, and so on, thus allowing you to move any tile into any position, but in a highly constrained way. Each tile bears a part of the "easy button" image, which is scrambled initially, and the puzzle is solved when all the tiles are in the right place and the image is unscrambled.

These are both excellent ideas. Thank you!! I will start on them today.

Thanks for the fun! I had a little trouble with the maze: until I learned to type the arrow keys, I was just holding them down, and that would sometime glitch such that the button would suddenly jump one square up to a location outside the track, dooming me to failure.

I also was starting to get bored with the shooting game just because I had no idea how long you were gong to make me keep it up. Having "5 more to go" or something would resolve that.

Perhaps a game with a bunch of buttons connected to a jumble of wires, then the challenge is to trace the wires visually to figure out which buttons to push in what order?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, there is a little glitch in the maze sometimes. I will try to fix it. I will be changing the shooting game so it's all the letters E-A-S-Y. They disappear when you hit them. Maybe that's not so obvious when they're all A's. This wire idea is a good one. Shouldn't be too hard to code.

I will be changing the shooting game so it's all the letters E-A-S-Y. They disappear when you hit them. Maybe that's not so obvious when they're all A's.

That sounds like a neat solution, and makes more sense, too. Yeah, I completely missed that I was taking out one of each kind.

I like it. You mentioned the maze thing. The shooting thing I missed the instructions and did not know what to do so I had to start over to read those directions. Coordinates are not finished yet as you got coords that make no sense but its just a test for us am sure. I do like the idea.

Well that spiced up our lunch break. Had lots of laughs with that. When is the real puzzle Cache coming?

We've got an event coming up. The cache will be published Saturday. There'll be an easy button for people inside the cache (a recycled ammo can from a recently archived cache) so they can take their photo with it. :P

You have a cache big enough for people to get inside??:o

Sorry, couldn't resist!!:lol: The last link you posted is really cool!!! Well done!!:)