submitting a hide

pvtplt172

How long after you submit a hide does it take to register on geocaging.com i hid one tonight its my first ever hide and i am not seeing it on my hidden caches. or on geocaching .com

You will find it very helpful to read the Help Center articles:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php

You will find the answer here:

Hiding a Geocache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=19

B.

Because of the listing guideline issues involved with your Nashua Jet Aviation cache submission, it may be a few days before you hear back from your area's volunteer cache reviewer. Sometimes a review is completed the same day, and sometimes it takes many days for an initial reviewer note. Thanks for your patience!

Because of the listing guideline issues involved with your Nashua Jet Aviation cache submission, it may be a few days before you hear back from your area's volunteer cache reviewer. Sometimes a review is completed the same day, and sometimes it takes many days for an initial reviewer note. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you for letting me know. I'm just waiting for my first hide to go official, and I'm just on the antsy side. Also, I wanted to know if I could take the cache home to protect it until my cache is officially up and running. I don't want any muggles to possibly play with it.

I'm just on the antsy side. Also, I wanted to know if I could take the cache home to protect it until my cache is officially up and running. I don't want any muggles to possibly play with it.

Just a side note. Being posted/approved will not have any effect on muggle activity. If you are afraid muggles will bother it before it gets published, you might want to rethink the hide because publication will not change that aspect.

It sounds like it could be an interesting hide, though.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm just waiting for my first hide to go official, and I'm just on the antsy side. Also, I wanted to know if I could take the cache home to protect it until my cache is officially up and running. I don't want any muggles to possibly play with it.

Like cwgrizz stated, if you have reason to believe that muggles might discover your hide before it is published, what's going to prevent them from stumbling across it after it's published? If you think it's that prone to accidental discovery, maybe you should rethink the hide.

Also, please do NOT go get the container for safekeeping until it's published. When you submitted the cache for publication you checked the box signifying that yes, the cache is in place and ready to be found. There are FTF hounds who get instant notifications when a new hide is published in their area...many will drop what they are doing and dash out after a new cache the moment it goes live. Depending how hard core the FTF crowd is in your area, they could literally be there minutes after it's published....they'll be quite upset if it's not there!

How long after you submit a hide does it take to register on geocaging.com i hid one tonight its my first ever hide and i am not seeing it on my hidden caches. or on geocaching .com

According to what it says when you submit the hide, it says it could take up to 7 days. It several days for ours.

According to what it says when you submit the hide, it says it could take up to 7 days. It several days for ours.

That's not quite true. It says it could take up to 7 days for it to be reviewed. Then if there's problems the CO has to fix them, enable the cache for review again, fix any other problems that may come up. It could take a month or more to be published, with all the back and forth, if there are a lot of issues.

The time from submittal to publishing of a cache can be related to the issues caused by the hider not understanding and following the guidelines as well as how the hider communicates with the reviewer if there are any issues. Your mileage may vary, but i have had a cache publish within 30 minutes of submitting it, others took up to a day.