COINTEST: COT 2014- CHASING CHANGES

rickctroop13

Getting a later start this season, and Yahell didn't send me the re-up notice...so here we go again...

League is registering now...

NA$CAR is working on changes to the Chase format, and the teams will be chasing the spec changes, but only change to this league will hopefully be increased participation!

A) League will be open to anyone, but password sent via email upon request- email to include team name and GC name.I won't 'share' your info and you can remain hidden on group roster... but as Commissioner it's a lot easier than guessing 'who's who?' if needed. Email me through my profile as I don't think to look for board PMs often.

B) Same prize method

Prize coins sent to me by 3rd race, I'll distribute at end of season. This would facilitate doing following to keep a bit more interest/incentive through season:

C) Prizes to top finishers depending on number of players,first 5 go to winner then add prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. Winner always gets at least 2X 2nd place; 2nd at least 2X 3rd. Keep the game interesting for those who stumble. Also, I'll add a trackable prize for segment winners.

D) Won't use 'Lucky Dog' option if offered,unless majority ends up wanting it. Didn't seem to make much difference.

E) Will retain tie breaker system from last 2 years.

PULL THEM BELTS TIGHT AND GET READY TO PUSH THAT RIGHT FOOT THROUGH THE FLOORBOARDS!

Edited by Eartha

ZOOM-ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Watched some of the Rolex 24 over the weekend. I'm ready for another year of racing.

I think I like the new qualifying rules, making it alot like F1. Not up on many of the other changes yet.

With all the cold weather lately, at least this makes me feel a little warmer now.

Sending e-mail, but nothing has changed from last year.

This time 'round I'll be acknowledging receipt of entry coins- last year a plow took the door off my mailbox then later built his tailing pile out far enough into road that I was picking my mail up at PO for a month until it thawed enough to chip away the 5' ice bank. If you've sent and I don't acknowledge, let me know.

You've got mail, I'm good to go - Vrrrooom :ph34r:

Got 'snail mail' also. Delivered Thursday after I put up a new mailbox. 2 years in a row with plow interrupted February service-

Your next one should be on a 4" pipe filled with cement and that cover in cement again, lets see if they can take that out :o :o glad you got it.

You've got mail, I'm good to go - Vrrrooom :ph34r:

Got 'snail mail' also. Delivered Thursday after I put up a new mailbox. 2 years in a row with plow interrupted February service-

Your next one should be on a 4" pipe filled with cement and that cover in cement again, lets see if they can take that out :o :o glad you got it.

Super Velcro, will pull it in if it looks like chance of plowageable percipritation! A coupla screws or clips for seasons of lessor vulnerability then back to safe mode. :rolleyes:

Boy, what a fast start after a slow raceday!

PaRK starts out 10 points shy of perfect no qualifying points score, I can't recall seeing a '388' in any of the past years. Ditto five '300+' scores in same race!

Be interesting to see if under new format drivers who win a race go 'checkers or wreckers' rest of way 'cause they feel that that win gets 'em in chase so they don't need to worry about points. Jr. was sounding like chase pressure was off him already

NASCAR: "We're getting an awful lot of tire failures"

GOODYEAR: "No, it's not the tires, just a few of the teams are wearing them out."

s***ferbrains!

Hadn't looked in for a bit, in defense of Goodyear- it's like the Ford 'Exploder' mess circa 2000. Ford called for pressure of 28psi on tires designed for minimum 32psi, then wondered why tires were failing and causing crashes. Got a free replacement set for the 60k rubber on our Mountaineer (I ignored Ford's rec knowing the mess too low pressures can cause). Goodyear says 20psi minimum for safety, crew chief says we're faster at 18- who would you trust? GY needs to keep working to keep up with the last minute car changes.

Gotta love NASCAR's whimsicality! Already thinking of next season's league 'byline' when they cut horsepower by 1/3 or whatever they settle on. "But Captain, Ayem givin' ye all she's gought!"

Edited by rickctroop13

GOODYEAR: "No, it's not the tires, just a few of the teams are wearing them out."

s***ferbrains!

Hadn't looked in for a bit, in defense of Goodyear- it's like the Ford 'Exploder' mess circa 2000. Ford called for pressure of 28psi on tires designed for minimum 32psi, then wondered why tires were failing and causing crashes. Got a free replacement set for the 60k rubber on our Mountaineer (I ignored Ford's rec knowing the mess too low pressures can cause). Goodyear says 20psi minimum for safety, crew chief says we're faster at 18- who would you trust? GY needs to keep working to keep up with the last minute car changes.

Gotta love NASCAR's whimsicality! Already thinking of next season's league 'byline' when they cut horsepower by 1/3 or whatever they settle on. "But Captain, Ayem givin' ye all she's gought!"

"But Captain, Ayem givin' ye all she's gought!"

:P:rolleyes: I like that

s***ferbrains!

"But Captain, Ayem givin' ye all she's gought!"

:P:rolleyes: I like that

front runner pending actual changes- nice o NASCAR to give me advanced warning/extended contemplation time this time!

Has anybody heard from rickctroop13? He has not posted here lately, and I hope he is well.

I received my fantasy league prizes in the mail today, and I want to thank everyone who contributed. They are all great coins.

What we really need is more people involved. You don't need to know a lot about Nascar racing, but it helps. What happens on the track can sometimes be so unpredictable, just ask Jeff Gordon about race 34 in Texas.

I had some good choices at times, and some really lucky picks at times. You never know in racing.

Hoping to hear from rickctroop13 in time for Daytona and the start of next year's racing season.