Visiting Oz

Tallahassee-Lassie

Hi,

I will be attending a wedding in Kyabram the first 2 weeks in March. While I'm there I not only want to grab at least one cache but I'd like to meet other cachers. So I was thinking of hosting a quick meet & greet - I'm the event queen in my area :D . Since I don't know the area I'm not sure where to have it. From Google Earth I can see a park within walking distance to my hotel but thought a cafe' would be good too.

To get to the point I'm trying to find a local cacher to assist me. I have a few door prizes (including geocoins) already packed and a nice thank you gift for the person that helps me.

Anyone out there from that area that can help????

Thanks so much!!!

Sandi

aka Tallahassee-Lassie

PS

This is will be my 3rd visit to Oz. The first 2 times I was in the Melbourne area (Croydon) and also visited Mount Gambier. This was the same years that geocaching was "discovered" so I didn't know about it. Saw there was a cache in the park across from my friends house (the same friends I'm going to see in Kyabram now). They wanted to go find it & sign my name since we played cricket there. I wouldn't let them do it of course and now it's been archived.

Edited by Tallahassee-Lassie

Hi,

I will be attending a wedding in Kyabram the first 2 weeks in March. While I'm there I not only want to grab at least one cache but I'd like to meet other cachers. So I was thinking of hosting a quick meet & greet - I'm the event queen in my area :D . Since I don't know the area I'm not sure where to have it. From Google Earth I can see a park within walking distance to my hotel but thought a cafe' would be good too.

To get to the point I'm trying to find a local cacher to assist me. I have a few door prizes (including geocoins) already packed and a nice thank you gift for the person that helps me.

Anyone out there from that area that can help????

Thanks so much!!!

Sandi

aka Tallahassee-Lassie

PS

This is will be my 3rd visit to Oz. The first 2 times I was in the Melbourne area (Croydon) and also visited Mount Gambier. This was the same years that geocaching was "discovered" so I didn't know about it. Saw there was a cache in the park across from my friends house (the same friends I'm going to see in Kyabram now). They wanted to go find it & sign my name since we played cricket there. I wouldn't let them do it of course and now it's been archived.

I regularly visit Kyabram. There are 2 parks that would be great for this. Edis Park and out the front of the Fauna Park. Email me if you'd like to discuss further :)