Six countries in a day

browni

I am looking to get a few caches in a Jasmer challenge found and I thought about finding a cache in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg Germany and Holland. I would like to find GC40 whilst there so I was wondering if anyone has managed to do this and if so have they and advice.

browni

Yeah we did six countries in one day in 2010. Full story here B)

I did G'ebbes last year on a separate day trip so if you wanted to do that I'd advise you to go there first and then do other countries on the way home maybe.

A group of other cachers from the Midlands did six in a day last April by finding a cache in UK, flying to Strasbourg or somewhere and finishing up in Bruges an then going to G'ebbes the following day (I think)

Mark

Edited by Delta68

As part of 'Team JAMS' (I was the S element) I cached in 11 countries in 72 hours. England, France, Belgium (road-side camp), Netherlands, Germany, Austria (inc. a cache with a rude name, and a Mega event. Two nights on a campsite), Liechtenstein, Switzerland, back through France to Luxemburg (stop the clock!) before going back to the tunnel the following day. Quite a trip! But not six countries in any one 24 hours, sadly. The Jasmer sounds like a fun challenge. GC40 is a must-do the next time I'm in the area (100km radius) too :)

Good luck with your trip!

I am looking to get a few caches in a Jasmer challenge found and I thought about finding a cache in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg Germany and Holland. I would like to find GC40 whilst there so I was wondering if anyone has managed to do this and if so have they and advice.

browni

We are going to try and do 8 in a day when we drive to Austria for ski-ing in March. Not just layby cache and dashes, but 8 high quality caches.

Rgds, Andy

Our best so far is four in a day but we did visit GC40 and I can tell you it's a very easy find (and a nice cache too). We were taking our time enjoying the scenery but I think six would be a breeze if you kept moving. Best of luck!

Long before we were Geocaching we took a tour of Europe and covered 14 countries in 14 days but that's another story. :)