adopt a newbie in Kane County?

FallenFaery

originally posted this in getting started but was adviced to put it here icon_smile.gif so here goes

Ok, so after my second attempt at Privledge and Poverty with no avail I think I'm doing something wrong here. I was wondering if anyone would like to adopt me for a cache trip or two? I think I just get too turned around out there to understand my GPS. I am in the Geneva, IL area. I hope this doesn't sound like a strange request. I'd be willing to go anyday. weekends are completely open and i can go after 3:30 on weekdays. Thanks in advance.

That doesn't sound like a strange request. I started laughing when I read the title because I think its a clever way to pose your question. If I was in your area I would adopt ya but I'm not unless you want to travel to the Detroit area. Good Luck and I'm sure you will find someone local to hook up with.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Ok, so after my second attempt at Privledge and Poverty with no avail I think I'm doing something wrong here.

If it means anything to you, I had to go back 3 times to find a 1/1 cache! I think you will find that part of the fun of Geocaching is that each finder's experience can be unique - we've spent a half hour looking for caches that other finders noted they spotted from a distance.

BTW, we're almost neighbors and would enjoy hooking up with you sometime. I'm still trying to sort out this weekend as the eldest Dynamic Duo is facing punishment for not behaving with his sitter Saturday night. He was planning on bringing a friend Geocaching this weekend which is almost certainly a no-go now. I don't know if he will be allowed to Geocache this weekend at all. I don't know what I will do with him if I go caching - depends on Brenda's (SWMBO) schedule.

Drop me an e-mail and perhaps we can hook up - If not this weekend, sometime soon.

George

quote:
Just wanted to send a quick public thanks to both Markwell and Dad and the Dynamic Duo. I had a blast today. and thank you to the older of the duo for letting me find the cache and not pointing it out to me. You're a great Kiddo

We had a great time. Revisting Accelerator brought back fond memories of being at the same stage as you. Doing three new caches with Markwell gave us the chance to see how a seasoned cacher works. Gave us confidence at both ends.

But the best part was going out with the two of you. It is only the second time that we've ever cached with others and are looking forward to our next opportunity.

George

quote:
Originally posted by Fallenfaery:

Just wanted to send a quick public thanks to both Markwell and Dad and the Dynamic Duo. I had a blast today. and thank you to the older of the duo for letting me find the cache and not pointing it out to me. You're a great Kiddo icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

If you are coming East twords Chicago to find any caches, give a shout! We got some nice ones in and around the big city.

-Centaur

66427_2800.gif