Death Comes Knocking - Now Available (see post 34)

fox-and-the-hound

TimeWaitsonNoOne_zps5abede69.jpg

Time is precious. We've all heard it, but how many listen to the message? How many seize on every precious moment to live life to the fullest? Cachers are a breed apart and constantly in search of new surprises, adventures, friendships and memories. They exemplify the best in living a full life, but even among cachers there are the few who do more, go further and leave behind stories told and retold for a lifetime. In the end pale death waits for us, but while he can take our bodies, he can't take the very best of us... the memories, stories and examples that set us apart. How will you live your life? Will you sit quietly counting the minutes waiting for judgement or will you seize the life you've been given? This coin commemorates those who face life head on, laugh equally at the overcome challenges or bitter defeats and still love every minute left to them. Tackle the unknown and record your deeds with this caching traveler to be shared with the world forever!

2" x 4mm+

2D/3D combination

Two-tone Metal Finishes

Custom Shape

Soft and Hard Enamels

Solid and Translucent Enamels

Trackable at Geocaching.com

with Custom Icon

The first international collaborative effort between USA Designer Christian Mackey and Russian Federation Illustrator Andrey Popov to be produced by GxProxy.com

More to come...

Edited by Eartha
1390729812[/url]' post='5344978']
1390317248[/url]' post='5343118']
1390247569[/url]' post='5342802']

it's evil to tease...I like it !

ILYK

ILYL

I've seen these two quotes so often, and have no idea what they mean. Please enlighten me :)

"I'll let you know." I'm guessing ILYL is a typo, either that or I am also out of the loop. lol

I'll Let You Know and I Love You Lots.

Yep, surely that's it. I wonder if Laura has any ideas?

ILYK

ILYL

I've seen these two quotes so often, and have no idea what they mean. Please enlighten me :)

"I'll let you know." I'm guessing ILYL is a typo, either that or I am also out of the loop. lol

Both begin with I Love You.... I'll let drneal or Laura explain the K and the L :antenna:

ILYM (and yes I have one too)

ILYK

ILYL

Both begin with I Love You.... I'll let drneal or Laura explain the K and the L :antenna:

ILYM (and yes I have one too)

the ILYK is a message to my wife Kathy..she was killed almost 9 years ago.

the ILYL is a message to Laura..someone who has brought love and hope, back into my life.

now back to the topic

ILYK

ILYL

Samples are in and I could NOT be more pleased!!! Photos are being taken today when the sun moves and the light changes just a bit more for better color balance. We'll update soon, but I can say this for now... we actually approved going straight to production after only seeing the photos (which we have never done before) and now with samples in hand our optimism is confirmed... it's going to be one of our favorites! :D

I'll check Dofferson, but I'm sure that could be in everyone's best interest. I'll make a couple calls in about an hour and try to get you a confirmation on this. I will say that like the dragons there are four variations in the works and I'm still sitting here looking at them and trying decide which ones I like the most and which should be RE and LE. I'll see if I can narrow down a release date based on the projected shipping, too. :)

The order to begin production has gone out and so now we wait on pins and needles! :)

GxProxy is once again compiling a "first contact" list and anyone who wants to be put on the list can send them an email at support@gxproxy.com and just put "Death Comes Knocking" in the subject line. An email will go out to everybody on the list once the coins have finished production and either shipped or in hand in Texas. Thank you for your interest and here's a little tidbit to enjoy for now... :)

sneakpeak_zps161a5547.jpg

There will be four two-tone metal finishes available...

RE Ant. Copper w Shiny Gold

RE Ant. Nickel w Shiny Gold

RE Ant. Gold w Shiny Nickel

LE Ant. Bronze w Shiny Nickel

Sorry for the delay folks, my computer underwent "critical hard drive failure" so I've spent the last couple days building a new workstation, restoring all my files and playing catchup. Life goes on though as this coin reminds me and waits on no man or computer for that matter. Is that irony or coincidence?... hmmm... will have to think on that!

Webpic4_zps82e12a94.jpg

This coin will be available in four finishes:

Webpic2_zps04f268fe.jpg

Webpic1_zpsecb22b6f.jpg

Webpic3_zps078b5507.jpg

And my personal favorite... a nearly-naked version that really shows every bit of fine detail...

WebPix5_zpsf566f5d4.jpg

And of course it comes with a copy of the original mint art in a full color brochure telling details behind the making of a collaboration between Texas, China, Pennsylvania and Russia to make this coin a possibility!

WebPic6_zpsf2658c03.jpg

An excerpt from the brochure: "Time is precious. We've all heard it, but how many really listen to or are even willing to acknowledge the stark reality of the message? How many seize on every precious moment to live life to the fullest? Cachers are a breed apart and constantly in search of new surprises, adventures, friendships and memories. They often exemplify the best in living a full life, but even among cachers there are those few who do more, go further and leave behind stories that will be told and retold for generations. In the end pale death waits for us, but while he can take our bodies, he can't take the very best of us... the memories, stories and examples of the best in humanity that set us apart. How will you live your life? Will you sit idly counting the passage of time waiting for judgement or will you seize every precious minute of the life you've been given? This coin commemorates those few who face life head on, laugh equally at overcome challenges or bitter defeats and still love every minute left. Tackle the unknown and record your deeds with this caching traveler to be shared with the world forever!"

GxProxy will has these coins through both their regular storefront in the USA (http://shop.gxproxy.com/Geocoins-NEW_c16.htm) and now their European storefront (http://www.gxproxy.eu/index.php?route=product/category&path=74) in a few days as well!

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and patience through the struggle to get this one to life ;)