Found something.. but can't track it! Help?

Cynthia08180

Hello everyone!

Today we found a little key holder with a code attached to it.

Tried to track it.. but nothing.. It has 2 letters, 1 number, 1 letter and 3 numbers.

The other ones we found had only a track code of 6 numbers/letters. Do I do something wrong with trying to track it? Did fill out the code to track it.. but nothing came up. Please help? Anyone had this too?

(there is a 0 in the code... I tried the zero and the letter O but still nothing)

Thanks, Cynthia

ps we are beginners with GeoCaching....

It doesn't sound like something that would be trackable on geocaching.com.

All trackables (geocaching.com) use only six alphanumeric digits. Some *may* have a prefix character or two, but those are usually hyphenated.

By-the-by.... Your posted photos of trackables that you have moved show the tracking number. You should either remove the number from the photo, or not photo the number at all, if you are going to post it.

Bad things can happen when you show that number in photos.

Yes, people look at your photo gallery (as I did), and use them.

Edit to add: To post a photo in the forums, it must already be hosted online. You use that url. 'Tis different than uploading to geocaching.com.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Gitchee-Gummee!!!

Thank you so much for telling me about the photo's I did post on my profile about the TravelBug and GeoCoin with the track numbers visible! :)

I did not think about it.. how stupid... so really thanks for telling me!

Lucky I had some more photo's where there numbers are not shown on. :)

Did take the old ones of.. and replaced them for other photo's now! (hope this is now okay)

And thanks for your other answers too!

Okay gonna give it up with that little key holder.. and just place it back in a other cache next time :)

Hello everyone!

Today we found a little key holder with a code attached to it.

Tried to track it.. but nothing.. It has 2 letters, 1 number, 1 letter and 3 numbers.

The other ones we found had only a track code of 6 numbers/letters. Do I do something wrong with trying to track it? Did fill out the code to track it.. but nothing came up. Please help? Anyone had this too?

(there is a 0 in the code... I tried the zero and the letter O but still nothing)

Thanks, Cynthia

ps we are beginners with GeoCaching....

Does the "code" start with a "GC"? If so maybe it's a cache itself?