Pick of three?

PAD3432

For geocaching (primarily), either of those named Garmin units, you cannot go wrong.

The Active 10 is not used on this side of the pond, to my knowledge. I know little of it, so I looked at the manual. The manual contents guide fails to mention anything whatsoever regarding geocaching. That being the case, I cannot recommend it.

I suppose that it would work for geocaching, as do other, older units that weren't made with geocaching in mind.

It's just that the Garmin units are pretty much centered around geocaching with easy uploading/downloading, icons and the like.

I have used the 62s and just recently got an Oregon 600. I really like the 600 - it has a beautiful display, easy to read and is very fast. So far it is my favorite of the gps devices I have used, but I should know more tomorrow after taking it on a hike through deep forests and hills. Still, with the 64 series coming out, you should be able to get a good buy on the 62 series. It will get you where you need to go.

Ideally, you can find a store that allows you to try them out, or go to an event where cachers might be using any of the three. But the basic questions might be whether you like buttons or a touchscreen; how important is the map display to you; how the unit feels in your hand.

Before getting the 600, I thought about a 62 or whether I should wait for a 64. I had a bad experience with a squeaky unit and the buttons on my old 62 wearing down very fast so I was reluctant to go that route again. Other people have better luck. In the end, we can give you our opinions, but it is your personal prefereances that count, the look and feel of the unit to you.

I have a Satmap and have never used anything else for caching - the only thing is it does not work well with a Mac. You can load on the gpx files as you would with a garmin and the page information displays well, along with recent logs.

It is a great unit for hiking and has great os maps. However, the maps outside the uk are a bit hit and miss.

The company is probably the best company for customer service I have ever dealt with. I once emailed them to ask where I could by a new back (I cracked the one I had) and they emailed back to say they had put one in the post for me - arrived the next day - awesome!! I would never buy anything else for that reason :)

I love my Oregon 600. But I've not used a 62S (or 62C) so I can't compare.

I have lots of maps loaded on it. A custom 1:25000 map of the local area which shows detailed trails. A 1:50000 map of the country (UK). A map of Europe. Etc.

Screen is easy to read, touchscreen is responsive. GPS seems very accurate and quick to lock on satellites.