i dont have a gps but i .....

TimSkells

quote:
Originally posted by timskells88:

hey guys i am new to this just signed up today and well i got a gps but its for my boat i was wondering if it would work on land...

It should work the same on land as it does on the water. What unit do you have?

quote:
...i want to set up a cache near my hous at this park do i have to have the long/lat or can i just give clues on how to find it?
A geocache almost aways has a lat/long location, if its just clues its more a letterbox.

22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

It depends.

what did you buy?

I know Lowrance makes boat only GPSrs which are used for fish finders also but if its a handheld you should be fine.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

If the GPS is handheld, you've got no problems. If it's meant to be mounted to the boat, hauling that marine battery around could get a little tiring.

Several members of the NorthEast Ohio Geocachers (NEO-GEOcachers) have helped new cache owners nail down their coordinates. If you want a hand, feel free to contact me or post to the group. The top 5 cachers in NEO-GEOcachers have more than 500 caches found and over a dozen placed between them. Several members of the group live in western Cuyahoga county or Lorain county so help is not that far away.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif