Newbie coordinates confused

danger warriors

Need some help. I'm a newbie, now logged 7 finds, loving it so far. Going out tomorrow to find more, so we thought we would try a puzzle cache. After a lot of puzzling I have cracked the clue and it's given me the coordinates but I have used my smart phone and the free geo caching app to find all others so far. Where can I enter the coordinates to get an accurate position. I have never used coordinates before and it looks like a set if numbers directions which don't yet make sense to me! I wasn't sure whether to post the whole lot here or whether someone can point in the direction of what to do with these!

You can stick coordinates into Google Maps to give you a general idea of where the cache is, but depending on its placement, you may or may not be able to find it from that. And Google Maps can be off a bit - the satellite photo could be off several feet (or more).

Plug them in in the format given, such as "N 48° 45.314 E 021° 16.314". The spot will show as a green arrow.

I don't know if you have to be premium but you can go to the webpage and click the little pencil next to the coords and enter the new ones and those will be the ones loaded the next time.

But... the Intro-app picks which three caches they get for the day. The user cannot pick them.

The OP is using the Intro-app.

So it seems... they say using the "free" app.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

To have any kind of functionality at all you're really going to need the full app. Premium Membership is great but not necessary for what you're wanting to do.

The intro app is not designed for someone who has decided they actually want to do some caching. It's just supposed to give you a taste of what Geocaching is. You're going to need something more to really go Geocaching, particularly if you're doing multis and puzzles where you'll need to enter coordinates.

Need some help. I'm a newbie, now logged 7 finds, loving it so far. Going out tomorrow to find more, so we thought we would try a puzzle cache. After a lot of puzzling I have cracked the clue and it's given me the coordinates but I have used my smart phone and the free geo caching app to find all others so far. Where can I enter the coordinates to get an accurate position. I have never used coordinates before and it looks like a set if numbers directions which don't yet make sense to me! I wasn't sure whether to post the whole lot here or whether someone can point in the direction of what to do with these!

download THE C:Geo app. it's free and I love it. I am not sure which app you are using but I found this one to be easy to understand of course I had to sit and play with it for a while but it does some cool stuff,and it ha a barcode reader too.