Chrome browser issues

ddtfamily

I frequently create tables in the Long Description field as a way to display the text found on Historical Markers. I also use Chrome as my primary web browser. I noticed today that some of the tables on my waymarks were not displaying any text. It turns out that the problem was connected to my font choices. Anytime I used the font "Roman" the text would not display in Chrome (but it looked fine in IE). So I changed the font to "Timesnewroman" and it solved the problem. The "Roman" font looked fine until today/recently.

So my theory is that updates to Chrome verson 32.0.1700, released on January 14th, may be the issue. I think that's also the same time that the "non-functional slider" issue someone else noted with Chrome became an issue. It's a best practice to use "web safe fonts" (list here: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_websafe_fonts.asp so I guess I'm now paying for the mistake of choosing fonts not on the list and I'll need to review all my Historical Marker waymarks. But that Chrome slider problem - that really seems like a bug Chrome would want to address. I've encountered that error in the last few days on other websites as well.