looking for help in St Louis...

makeshiftindustries

this may seem a bit backward but i've been reading about geocaching for a little while and have become pretty interested in it.

more specifically i'm interested in making / placing caches, but i dont own a GPS unit nor can i seem to find anyone i know that does.

would anyone be able to help me with getting coordinates, so i can join in on the fun?

i know of some pretty interesting places that others may not have found, and i'm sort of a creative type so i'd like to make the caches really something special. i have one particular one in mind but i also have a ton of ideas for making other interesting / challenging finds.

the one i want to do right now, i have permission from the land owner to do, would be a relatively easy find but may push the bounds of what people think of as a cache.

interested?

if you are and could meet some time this week let me know as i'm chomping at the bit. if not thats ok too.

I'm not in your area but I read the post and saw that you are wanting to put a cache on private property. It is good that you have permission but please realize that the land owner will be legally liable should anything ever happen to a cacher. Not that anything will.....just thought I would state the point. Good luck with this sport, hobbie, addiction, whatever you want to call it. Muskytooth

Hermits have no peer pressure.

There are quite a few of us in St. Louis that would be glad to help you get started. Normally it's best to get a few finds (say 50) under your belt before you start hiding caches. This will give you a feel for locations, contents, difficulty/terrain ratings, and what to expect.

Quite a few of us are retired so we can work with you during the day or on weekends. Check out our local St. Louis geocaching group at www.geostl.com for local information.

We are also putting on a geocaching seminar for the St. louis County parks on Nov. 1st at Greensfelder Park (behind Six Flags). You might want to look at attending that as we'll have a slide presentation and then an afternoon outdoor session with spare GPS's to work with and members to help you out.

Rich (RGS)