Post a recent picture of yourself geocaching.

Just did a 5 terrain cache yesterday. Parked .58 miles from ground zero and had to bushwhack all the way in. Three creek crossings and lots of briars towards the end. My friend lost his gpsr along the way, we were give out, and had plenty of scratches (you can see some of the blood on my arm) when we got to the cache. It was definitely one of the most challenging and fun caches that i've ever gone for! :)

9081548a-2d4e-4d46-97fd-d0a1c2e8ff73.jpg

I decided to go caching in the Palisades yesterday morning. Of course, it was the first day we were expecting rain in months, but it supposedly wasn't coming until the afternoon. Drove an hour and a half to get to the trailhead, including the last 3 miles on an unpaved road (the last half mile of which was really sketchy - wasn't sure the truck was going to make it!). And, of course, it started raining pretty much right as we got to the trailhead. And it was cold! (Yes, the California version of cold, but I wasn't dressed for it, or the rain. :P ) I knew my initial plan of a 2-3 hour hike wasn't going to happen, but after coming all that way I wasn't willing to just turn around, so I decided to hike up the trail a ways. My boyfriend thought I was crazy and decided to stay in the car. :D I figured I'd hike up to the next geocache, grab it, and turn around. Well, as the crow flies it looked pretty close... definitely a bit farther by trail. And then a scramble up the rock and a bushwhack to get it... both more difficult thanks to the rain. And much more slippery and muddy... if only you could see what my pants looked like in this photo. :lol: This is me near GZ... though the cache is still through those bushes and up the rock a bit. As it really started raining I booked it back to the trailhead since I knew the road was only going to get tougher to get back out of the longer it rained!

cb7eef0e-a32f-48ce-a059-069ef5ee2a84.jpg

My caching buddy dphickey and I after ascending the hill in the background while caching at the "Slurpin' Soup And Watchin' Eagles" event (GC4TD7N). The event host snapped this picture and I love it...an awesome view of the frozen Mississippi River in the background with Illinois on the the other side.

1546328_684261118822_1687307355_n.jpg

Here's my Dad (CadetDon1942--he's not tech-savvy and doesn't log online, though he's found many caches with us) and my husband (Don-Giacomo) caching a couple of weekends ago. The photos were taken the same day, same park, slightly different areas, but very different landscape. Except for the thorns. The thorns where *everywhere!*

11d3928e7ccf11e3a23f129d94805010_6_zps306058b4.jpg

9dfffa7a7e6b11e3a3f1129c5e705bd8_6_zpsbc064845.jpg

--Q

As said, here is a photo from last weekend's cacheapalooza in SE Florida (Johnathan Dickinson Park).

abc9d02880a411e38dfd12e39a8b2826_8.jpg

No, the pine behind my head was NOT planned.....hahahahahah.

Thanks to TommyFirefox for taking the pic and joining me a few of the more challenging finds and earning a FTF well into the event.

Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

I would if I could figure out how .

When you have a picture uploaded to a cache log, go to the cache log and click on the picture. It should open up a window with just the picture in it, with an url that ends with jpg. Copy that url. Come here, and click on the link above the text of a new post, that shows "insert image". Paste the picture url into that link and it will be in your reply. I usually insert large/ after the the word log/ in the url so that the picture comes out to a nice size in the forums.

To Bamboozle: Don't know if you can still edit yours, but if you can... look at the text and you can see clearly where the problem was... double on that code. If you can get into edit you can fix it up in the original.

Also should mention that the way you did it is fine (on GC somewhere). Many of us use other storage sites and that works just as well.. most of them that is.

Which brings me to: Best I could find was from early last summer (2013) I was up one little hill checking out snow conditions that existed way up on a slightly bigger one. I was going up to try an FTF, but there was still a lot of snow hanging in the high end of the avalanch chutes... I'm daring, but prefer to remain that way since I can't run worth a darn these days. This was a recon and fitness building trip, that FTF (which I got) was across the valley and up to the right of the photo out of sight.

2706c2.jpg

Didn't realize there was a colour shift developed when I shrunk that a bit... pink isn't my colour, or that of my white (mostly) tee shirt. Besides I didn't take it... it was someone elses 3rd try at taking one... at least it's mostly in focus this time. I might edit the photo a bit later on.

HA!

Doug 7rxc

Lets see if I followed ambrosia's directions well enough. This ones of a few weeks ago. What a difference a few weeks makes, it hit almost 50 degrees today.

6600c791-554e-41ca-92e5-2a5d76e9970a.jpg

Nope, you were also a victim of the "double http" problem. The form supplies an "http" (etc.), but so does what you're pasting. Can't have two.

You first.

Hmm...maybe she's on to something.

This site contains a large block of info about each of us: travels, ideas, preferences, etc.

No problem - we're anonymous behind our pseudonyms. Except that in the other thread we tell why that fits or doesn't.

Now it contains our photo.

We provide our location - which may not be exact. Except that our smartphone tells our exact location when we end our trip back at home ( unless we turn off the location).

Can you imagine what this wealth of info will sell for to eager marketers?!

I'm wrong? Do the math first.

Edit: Oh, & let's not forget the credit card used for membership fees. That ties everything together to a specific, no-longer-anonymous individual.

The only question I have is whether the information is already being sold. By the way, did you ever notice the high-ranked insiders don't seem to discuss their entire lives?

Hmmm...points to ponder. :huh:

Edited by wmpastor

We provide our location - which may not be exact. Except that our smartphone tells our exact location when we end our trip back at home ( unless we turn off the location).

What's a smartphone? What's it got to do with geocaching?

Edit: Oh, & let's not forget the credit card used for membership fees. That ties everything together to a specific, no-longer-anonymous individual.

Meh, I paid with a cheque, sent through 2 snail mail services (Canada Post and the US Mail).

B.