International Earthcache Day 2014

Loony Londo

Just minutes after reading this discussion, I received this week's newsletter email which contains the following:

Each person who logs a “Found it” for an EarthCache on Sunday, October 12, receives a new digital souvenir for their Geocaching profile. The souvenir will only be available on October 12, so start planning now.

...so, yes, there will be a souvenir this year!

Does attending or hosting an EarthCache event on that day qualify one to receive the souvenir? If not, I would expect fewer events this year, since many cachers would prefer going to an unlogged EC and getting the souvenir vs. attending an event at an EC they have already logged.

I'm not trying to be whiny or ungrateful - I just want to plan ahead for that day.

Edited by egroeg

Does attending or hosting an EarthCache event on that day qualify one to receive the souvenir? If not, I would expect fewer events this year, since many cachers would prefer going to an unlogged EC and getting the souvenir vs. attending an event at an EC they have already logged.

I'm not trying to be whiny or ungrateful - I just want to plan ahead for that day.

The descriptions is specifically for logging an Earthcache. I would plan for that unless there is a change.

By the way, to those hosting an event for International EarthCache Day, please tell us about it in this simple survey, so that we can post info about your event on Facebook, our homepage, etc. (No worries, this survey will ONLY be used for the purpose of promoting your event and possibly discussing the event with you, and not to add you to an e-mail list, etc.)

--Matt

Edited by geoawareHQ