OK Detroit Cachers, Rescue My ROVER Cache

Guest mtn-man

My Sojourner Mars ROVER Traveling Cache has been placed in a strange place. Instead of being put back into a new cache, it has been left in a grave yard near Lake Orion, MI. Please go to my cache page for directions to the cache.

I thought we were Geocaching, right? icon_frown.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3179

PLEASE BE CAREFUL, respect the people laid to rest here. Read the Sept. 14 *mtn-man* log that I posted for instructions.

Thanks in advance... mtn-man

My ROVER is in a grave yard that has a virtual cache page. It seems morbid to send Geocachers to a grave yard. I really do not want Geocacher walking on my grandparents grave looking for a virtual cache location. I will not put the cache page here since this thread cannot be deleted, only locked. Go to my Geocaching cache page link above and look at my log for the virtual cache page number. Once the ROVER is recovered, I will delete the log on my ROVER page.

Are we still Geocaching? confused.gif

Guest Nowhere Man

Stay calm. Where the Dead People Live is not only a graveyard, but it's a piece of local history, dating back to not long after the area was settled. Besides, I doubt your grandparents are up there, and I don't think the people that are there mind visitors all that much icon_smile.gif.

I've moved the roving Rover. Check the cache page for details.

Fred

Thank you VERY much Nowhere Man. I overreacted for a reason -- to get fast action. I knew that someone in Michigan would step up to the plate and I was right. I was concerned about the cache disappearing. I seem to look at all possibilities in life, good and bad. It is just a realistic and self preserving outlook in my opinion. With caches banned in GA State Parks and in National Parks, I think we should all think hard about where we hid caches. I have asked permission when I have hidden caches. The people know they are there so they do not get surprised. I even clearly mark the outside of the container in case it is stumbled upon. I wonder how many Geocaches will be blown up by bomb squads as a precaution based on recent events!

Again sorry for the freak out, but it got action!!! The ROVER moves on!

mtn-man

Guest Markwell

Detroiters: any time you want to send that rover due west, feel free!

Mtn_man - Shagg and Scooby's owner here. I think maybe we need to add a phrase of not placing our hitchhikers in virtual caches. It sounds a like stupid label (see Bill Engvall's comments here, here and here), but if that's what needs to be done...

Hey Markwell,

I have followed Scooby and Shaggy and could not believe they went down the river!! I have added the phrase about virtual caches to my traveling cache pages. I have another ROVER that just stays in ATL. I even tell Geocachers they can go for it again if they want, as long as they move it to another cache. Why not?!? icon_wink.gif