ETREX 30 SD Card

Just unzip and copy the two "GPX" files to the "/GARMIN/GPX" folder of your memory card. Create the directories if they are not there.

Sorry. Should have mentioned that I have the folders created and the pq has been loaded into the folder via GSAK. so not too sure what is going on as it reads my maps...

The total of 1500 is not an issue as your the e30 will hold 5000 caches. What do you see when you use Windows to navigate to the [sDCARD]:\Garmin\GPX folder?

Did you load any .loc files onto the GPS, either internal memory or the microSD card before you loaded the PQ?

When I load the .gpx file to internal memory, I can see the caches in the list on my GPSr. When I move them to the sd card, the GPSr doesn't see them and there is nothing in the geocaches list to go and find.

You didn't answer my first question: What do you see in the GPX folder when you open the folder in Windows after exporting the caches from GSAK? What brand, size and speed of card do you have? It could be a bad card.

I have had similar issues with my eTrex 30. Pull the card out and boot up the eTrex. Power off and reinsert the card and start up again. For some reason, it randomly won't see caches on the card but will see the maps that are on the card, so I know it's reading the card. Only happens every once in a while and a power cycle usually fixes it. On very rare times, it's stubborn and I have to remove the card and power cycle without the card and put it back in.

I really enjoy the e30, but I got really frustrated after copying a PQ to it and after driving to the FP and turning it on, it said No Caches. Happened to me twice before someone here told me this tip.

I have had similar issues with my eTrex 30. Pull the card out and boot up the eTrex. Power off and reinsert the card and start up again. For some reason, it randomly won't see caches on the card but will see the maps that are on the card, so I know it's reading the card. Only happens every once in a while and a power cycle usually fixes it. On very rare times, it's stubborn and I have to remove the card and power cycle without the card and put it back in.

I really enjoy the e30, but I got really frustrated after copying a PQ to it and after driving to the FP and turning it on, it said No Caches. Happened to me twice before someone here told me this tip.

John - Thanks for the help. A complete pull the card out and reboot was not necessary. Downloaded my PQ's thru GSAK, loaded them to the GPSr and moved them to the card. Powered up and Voila! There they were in the list where they belong. Thanks for the help. :)

John - Thanks for the help. A complete pull the card out and reboot was not necessary. Downloaded my PQ's thru GSAK, loaded them to the GPSr and moved them to the card. Powered up and Voila! There they were in the list where they belong. Thanks for the help. :)

Here's a shortcut that will save you a step. (I'm using GSAK 8.xx, it may be different in earlier versions.) If you use the GPS tab to "Send waypoints..." you do not have a choice where the file goes. I find it easier to use the File tab then Export then GPX/LOC. You have to tell it what directory to save it to and configure the GPX file options but you only need to do that once. Subsequent saves remember the settings although you may want to overtype the file name if you want to keep the file that is already on the GPS. Try it, I think you will find it more convenient and faster than moving the files between directories.