Tool Kits

keylev

What we carry

tweezers, micro needle nose pliers, pick set, safety pin, swiss army knife, extendable magnet, extendable mirror, lighter, head lamp flashlights, first aid kit, sanitizer, side arm a really good bug spray.

All tucked into a multi compartment old back pack.

Edited by sasqwatches

Swiss Army Knife and Gerber multi tool for all tool-related needs (SAK also handles the tweezer jobs). Also:

Roll of camo duct tape (for cache repairs)

Spare log sheets of various sizes

Geocaching handouts for curious muggles

Cheap emergency poncho

Flashlight

Extra pens & markers

"Regular" compass

Spare batteries for GPS

Hand sanitizer

Hand towel

Insect repellant

Hydrocortisone cream

Work gloves

A few swag items

I really need to add some band aids and I'm thinking of adding a 2-3 ft. roll of stiff wire (for fashioning a hook/reaching tool....I've needed one on occasion)

Edited by Chief301

Swiss Army Knife and Gerber multi tool for all tool-related needs (SAK also handles the tweezer jobs). Also:

Spare batteries for GPS(forgot about those)

I'm thinking of adding a 2-3 ft. roll of stiff wire (for fashioning a hook/reaching tool....I've needed one on occasion) (GREAT IDEA)

Edited by sasqwatches

To tell you the truth I've never used a pair of tweezers, multi tool, pliers, search lights, emergency horn, flotation device, or flair gun geocaching. Funny thing is I have most of this in my bag. I guess it is good exercise carrying around a pack that's 15 lbs heavier than it needs to be.

I have used my cell phone, extra batteries, spare logs, rubber bands, small flash light, bug spray and duct tape on occasion.

All the suggestions in the previous posts are good ones I've just never had to use them geocaching. I tend to carry items that would be used to repair caches that are in bad shape. That and some good swag is all you need..

you'd be surprised at how well you can improvise when you need to.

Now if your planing on a 4 day hiking/geocaching trip deep into the woods you may need the flair gun. :)

Edited by justintim1999

Chief - was just wondering if the leaflets you have on hand where required is a set template or something you put together yourself. Would like to have something like that on me...

There's one on the Geocaching website that you can print out....

http://www.geocaching.com/articles/Brochures/EN/EN_Geocaching_BROCHURE.pdf

There's another on geocacher-u.com but I can't make the link work for some reason. Do a search for Geocacher University. That's the one I use, it's a little less ink-intensive.

Chief - was just wondering if the leaflets you have on hand where required is a set template or something you put together yourself. Would like to have something like that on me...

There's one on the Geocaching website that you can print out....

http://www.geocaching.com/articles/Brochures/EN/EN_Geocaching_BROCHURE.pdf

There's another on geocacher-u.com but I can't make the link work for some reason. Do a search for Geocacher University. That's the one I use, it's a little less ink-intensive.

Geocacher University linky

The brochure is in the Downloads and Printables menu.

In my bag I carry:

Garmin eTrex 10

notepad/pens

cutoff leather gloves

compass

first aid kit

Swedish firesteel (though I'm not sure why this is in here lol)

spare batteries

bag of trade goodies

spare logbooks

I want to add a mechanic's mirror and an extendable magnet. I also had a small bag of bags for replacements, but that seems to have vanished recently...

On my belt I have a small pouch that I never leave home without, and it has come in very handy while caching:

Leatherman multi tool

flashlight

space pen

prybar/exacto knife

nut driver/prybar

Right now I'm using a replica Indiana Jones satchel to carry it all, but I'm looking for something better (and with more pockets!).