False statistics

goldentree

Visited my first Waymark 01 January 2014. Logged on 03 January 2014. Statistics say 03 January 2014. Pictures dated 03 january 2014. Description say 01 january 2014. Why different dates? How to correct?

There is no way to correct. Waymark visits and photos are recorded on the day they are actually entered.

Visited my first Waymark 01 January 2014. Logged on 03 January 2014. Statistics say 03 January 2014. Pictures dated 03 january 2014. Description say 01 january 2014. Why different dates? How to correct?

There is no way to correct. Waymark visits and photos are recorded on the day they are actually entered.

What's the sense of statistics if they are not correct? GC.com stays favorit in that way, not Waymarking.

Edited by goldentree

It has been this way since the start of statistics for Waymarking. If you want the stats on correct date log your visits day of the visit. I would not anticipate that it will be changed anytime soon.

I consider this incorrect and useless behavior. This makes as much sense as recognizing the approval date of a waymark, rather than the posting date, which we all know can be weeks/months after the posting. This order can dramatically reorder the occurrence of your waymark creation. This order tells me nothing about my trip activity, but the quickness of response of different category officers.

It’s almost impossible to register the visit on the actual day when you’re out traveling. If I were to go out for a two week trip collecting waymark picture and were able to post visits as soon as I got home, it would look like my two week trip were collapsed into a single day. This tells me nothing about my actual trip, only my Waymarking activity.

I often take pictures of things and either am too busy to waymark them or decide to wait until they are waymarked and post a visit with my photos. If someone finally posts the waymark two years later, I’d still like to register my visit on the proper day I visited. The date I actually visited, or posted, gives a much more useful track of my travels.

It has been this way since the start of statistics for Waymarking. If you want the stats on correct date log your visits day of the visit. I would not anticipate that it will be changed anytime soon.

I consider this incorrect and useless behavior. This makes as much sense as recognizing the approval date of a waymark, rather than the posting date, which we all know can be weeks/months after the posting. This order can dramatically reorder the occurrence of your waymark creation. This order tells me nothing about my trip activity, but the quickness of response of different category officers.

It’s almost impossible to register the visit on the actual day when you’re out traveling. If I were to go out for a two week trip collecting waymark picture and were able to post visits as soon as I got home, it would look like my two week trip were collapsed into a single day. This tells me nothing about my actual trip, only my Waymarking activity.

I often take pictures of things and either am too busy to waymark them or decide to wait until they are waymarked and post a visit with my photos. If someone finally posts the waymark two years later, I’d still like to register my visit on the proper day I visited. The date I actually visited, or posted, gives a much more useful track of my travels.

I agree, I was just stating the reality of things.

On trips I just make each day a post with only category and wm name, save it. When home again I fill wn details and file the wm.

That’s a nice idea, if you put in the coordinates as well when you save it. Otherwise you get no feedback as to whether it’s a duplicate of a waymark already filed. Unfortunately, when you add the coordinates later, there’s no proximity checking done and you could still be submitting a duplicate.

I’d like to see Groundspeak implement proximity checking for a waymark, anytime the coordinates are changed, even after the first save.

Proximity check -- If you are really worried, after you create a waymark, but before you submit it, just click on Nearest Waymark. I sometimes do this to get a general idea of what waymarks are in a general are that I have visited, or plan to visit, so I know what to do. I enter in just the coordinates, title a few characters for the Quick Description and anything else that is required.

Dates: Well, I suppose it would be nice to have them all the way they should be, but I don't think it is a huge deal. The date a waymark is CREATED is recorded, NOT the date it is actually submitted, and then the date of "publication." The created date is what shows up on one's personal stats, including the calendar.