maps

diabolic27

Please can anyone help me. I haven't done any caching for a while but have decided to rekindle the fun. Unfortunately when I stated looking at cache pages, the maps seem to have disappeared. I used to like using the maps to identify nearby caches and plan circular walks. Am I missing something or have they been removed?

When you visit a cache page, you should see two maps - one on the right near the top of the cache page, zoomed out pretty far. The second one is down below the cache description and is more zoomed in. Above that map is a link that says "View Larger Map." If you click that you can see all the other caches around that cache.

Is that what you're looking for?

Another way.... on the cache page, to the left of the lower map, it says "For online maps...". Open the Geocaching.com Map (I usually do this in a new tab) and you will see the area of the cache and all the caches around it. Zoom in and out as you need.

Edited by Calypso62

You are in the UK, so do you mean the Ordnance Survey maps? These are available for most browsers but require an add on script. Details of this one (and other useful scripts) on my resource site here.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website