MI: missing travelbug and unknown cachers in logbook

CrackerTowel

The Travel Bug known as PorcuPet is missing. It was placed in Mitchells Rollaway (near Croton/Hardy dam in Michigan) on August 5th by Team BPach, but it isnt there now, and hasn't been logged as being removed by anyone.

There are log book entries in the cache for

"Mooner & Doc", on 8/11/02,

and "Becca (Yank) and Roger (Brit)", on 8/18/02,

that are not logged on the cache's web page. Does anyone know these people or how to get in contact with them? We'd like to find out if they have seen the bug in the cache, or know anything about it's whereabouts.

Any info about the missing TravelBug or these cachers is appreciated. Thanks.

if they have ever loged a find on a cache you can use the hide and seek page, down at toward the bottoms theres a field for finding caches found by a person.

if they've never logged a find, but DO have accounts you still might be able to find them bye logging into your "my cache page" and using the link in the upper right that says email a player. but you would have to keeping going threw that link time and time again till you hit a spelling that matched someone. and since you dont know the exact way they spell their team's name (or do you), and more than one group may have names like brit&yank or whatever, so if you do find one they may not be who your looking for.

whack.gif

yes, I've written to BPach who did place it there, as well as the only other cacher who logged being there after it was placed. Magicman/PookyBear say it wasn't in the cache. But these other two logs were in the book before them, that's why I'd like to contact them. So, yes, welch, I've exhausted the obvious, including emailing the Bug owner.

And I don't consider it practical to bash the geocaching servers to brute force search the user database.

Same exact thing happened to one of my bugs. I never could find the phantom cachers. Even posting notes on the cache page and bug page didn't help. I eventually had to put it in the graveyard.

It's frustrating because looking at my own caches, about 25% of the finders are phantoms. One even swiped the camera so I have to believe these people are doing it on purpose and not because of a lack of knowledge.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif