I need help finding an underwater cache!

tommyispitted

My friends and i have started caching as of 2 weeks ago, literally everyday. Some days high level D and T, some days just little pick ups. But today we want to find an UNDERWATER cache! We are from orange county, california, but are willing to drive a distance to discover this cache! Can someone help me out, like is there a way to search for underwater caches?

Thanks!!!

You can search the attributes of caches - any one that has the "requires scuba gear" attribute scuba-yes.gif would almost definitely be underwater. You can also look for the "may require swimming" attribute swimming-yes.gif but that won't necessarily mean it's underwater - it may be on an island in the middle of a lake, for example.

Though I'm not sure if there's an easy way to search the attributes of caches without doing a pocket query - but if one of your friends is a premium member, then they can run the PQ to search for those attributes.

Unfortunately, the Scuba Required attribute scuba-yes.gif is being misused to identify caches on numbers run trails. If you search for caches with this attribute, then you should probably search for caches that also have high terrain ratings. The caches on numbers run trails generally have low terrain ratings (since they're generally located a short distance from off-road parking). Genuine SCUBA caches will generally have a 5-star terrain rating because they require specialized equipment (boat, 4WD, rock climbing, SCUBA, etc.).