Going To Alaska(Cruise) Need some help

BOOTZOO-CREW

Where does your ship stop for land days? We stopped in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway on our cruise last year, as well as a day in Glacier Bay NP. There were caches in short walking distance from all three berths and some Earth Caches in the bay for our trip. All of the below are in town within a few blocks of the cruise docks. Some are right at them.

Ketchikan: GC1RQRW, GC1T466

Juneau: GC27JAM,

Skagway: GCJT7N, GCGJ2Q, GCG627

Glacier Bay NP: GC34N25, GC33E9G

Seward: GC2805M

There are a bunch in downtown Anchorage if your cruise will end there. Some might be right outside your hotel.

Be sure to search beyond these, there may be new caches nearby them. All are still active as of today.

This is the cache closest to where the ship will likely be docked. Only you can decide from there the difficulty and terrain you and your husband are comfortable with.

http://coord.info/GC27JAM

I really liked that cache! I didn't think it was a difficult cache to find but I guess that could depend on how many people are around. You could hit it at the right time like I did and there won't be many people on the docks, but that changes in a hurry. A half hour after I found the cache, two other cruise ships had arrived and there were about 5,000 people swarming past the spot and many taking photographs of GZ.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Northwest forum.

Just a data point to add...

Although I am on the other side of the country, an Alaska cruise is something that I (and I suspect others) am interested in and while readers of the Northwest forum might be able to provide answers, I think the topic (as would a thread about a Caribbean cruise) would have more of a widespread interest.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Northwest forum.

Just a data point to add...

Although I am on the other side of the country, an Alaska cruise is something that I (and I suspect others) am interested in and while readers of the Northwest forum might be able to provide answers, I think the topic (as would a thread about a Caribbean cruise) would have more of a widespread interest.

I certainly didn't intend for this to be moved. I was just pointing out a thread that should be some help.

Pop on over to Geocachealaska.org. We're happy to help.

NorthWes, who was up for last month's Cacher of the Month, helped to coordinate some cruise caching around Alaska. There are good caches and cachers at most common ports of call, and we're always happy to put on a special event to meet and greet cruising cachers!

Be sure to stop by the GeocacheAlaska! forums there to ask around. As others have mentioned, this Northwest board is good, and there is a pinned topic above to ask as well.

Best option is to get in touch directly with us. We don't bite!

Pop on over to Geocachealaska.org. We're happy to help.

NorthWes, who was up for last month's Cacher of the Month, helped to coordinate some cruise caching around Alaska. There are good caches and cachers at most common ports of call, and we're always happy to put on a special event to meet and greet cruising cachers!

Be sure to stop by the GeocacheAlaska! forums there to ask around. As others have mentioned, this Northwest board is good, and there is a pinned topic above to ask as well.

Best option is to get in touch directly with us. We don't bite!

I can't seem to get on the Geocachealaska .org. I registered but every time I try to get on it wants me to prove I am human by typing in letters. However all I get are ads. WE are going to try for some caches at Icy Point Straight. Are there any close by the Dock? Thanks

There's just one in Hoonah and it's between the port and the ferry terminal. The GC code is GC1VD81.