Architecture Prizes... all the others...

Torgut

Hummm hard to believe there isn't a category where to fit buildings and other structures awarded with architecture prizes IF they are not awarded by one of the six prizes listed in that category description:

"For now the awards whose winners will have their work posted on this category are those on wikipedia as Major international prizes and that are listed below."

Pritzker Prize

RIBA Royal Gold Medal

AIA Gold Medal

Alvar Aalto Medal

UIA Gold Medal

Space for a new category to accept awarded buildings and structures out of this strict list?

The category Architecture Prizes has a different approach than awarded buildings. All major global architecture prizes are for architects, not for buildings; they are all lifetime achievement awards. So this category is not for awarded buildings, but for buildings of awarded architects.

There is currently no category at all for awarded buildings. There could be place for one. I guess the biggest obstacle for a new category would be Nay votes based on incorrect assumptions by people who do not read careful enough. So you have to be very careful and very, very, very clear in the description that this is not redundant to the existing category and why not. Another point you should think about is what prizes you would be willing to accept.

The category Architecture Prizes has a different approach than awarded buildings. All major global architecture prizes are for architects, not for buildings; they are all lifetime achievement awards. So this category is not for awarded buildings, but for buildings of awarded architects.

There is currently no category at all for awarded buildings. There could be place for one. I guess the biggest obstacle for a new category would be Nay votes based on incorrect assumptions by people who do not read careful enough. So you have to be very careful and very, very, very clear in the description that this is not redundant to the existing category and why not. Another point you should think about is what prizes you would be willing to accept.

A building has an architect. A waymark is definitely not about the architect, I mean, an architect does not has coordinates, so it can't be. Seems to be a bit irrelevant if the award it's for the building or for the architect. In the end, it's pretty much the same thing: the waymark will show the building. Anyway... this is just an idea, to be honest I don't plan to try to create any further categories myself.

Edited by Torgut